Mixing on Headphones (duplicate)

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by gompo, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

Hi Guys,

From now onwards i don't have access to my monitors, due to which i would be producing and mixing my tracks on headphones. I mostly produce edm which involves a lot amount of low frequencies which are not properly monitored on headphones, especially the one which I've gone through.

I have two headphones in my collection,
    HD 280- Bass is ok, but it acts dull in the high frequency range, so a mix sounds too different in monitors.

Audio technica MX 50x - This one is really good in terms of everything just the bass part is too low over here as compared to the other elements of the mix.

Since edm involves a lot amount of bass, so it's difficult to get a track with good low processing. Now to avoid this or to overcome this problem of monitoring low frequencies what should i do.
    I use Stenberg Ur 12 or Headphone Amp for amplification, still I'm not achieving what i want.

Is there any process to overcome this issue, Should i train my ears for adapting this environment or there is any other headphone which can work for this cause.
    Please Help me guys.

3. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro