Mixing in mono questions.

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Kefka4Life, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Kefka4Life

Kefka4Life Newbie

I noticed in the manual there is a way to turn on mono mode through the settings, does anyone know where this is? I have been using the mono feature with the vectorscope function but feel this is not the correct way to do it but correct me if i'm wrong here.

I also notice i am losing a lot of my mid and high sounds (probably obvious) when switching on mono mode in the vectorscope. Do most producers just start a track but flipping on mono mode on the master or is there a better and cleaner way to do this? I mean I've been mixing in stereo for awhile and its almost crazy to think how shitty my songs sound in mono that I could have just pressed the mono button on the master this whole time but I am thinking there is much more to the whole mono issue then just pressing the mono button under the imaging tool on ozone. Correct me if i'm wrong please. Best way to mix ?

3. neo lover

neo lover Kapellmeister

Put this on your master output and flip back and forth utilising some of its great features - Including mono ---

[​IMG]

http://brainworx-music.de/files/plugins/manuals/bx_meter.pdf

4. Kefka4Life

Kefka4Life Newbie

Thank you, I assume it's the "M" button on the bottom. So here is my next question. Should it sound EXACTLY like the stereo version or how close to the stereo version should it sound? I know I am trying to explain this question incorrectly but how much am I supposed to be losing in mono or is it none at all?

5. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

if u want to mix in mono, activate the mono button on the master bus, or, i don't know if you use a submix bus, but if u do, u can send the output from the submix bus to a mono bus as well.

more info here: http://anonym.to/?http://www.homestudiocorner.com/mixing-in-mono/

i'm sure others will offer more insight. good luck! :like:

and the bx meter is great, neo lover!

6. neo lover

neo lover Kapellmeister

No it should not sound the same in mono as it does in stereo - But it should sound good in mono - If it dose not sound good in mono - Make the adjustments necessary so it sounds good in mono -

Get some of the music your trying to make from Beatport [if it's electronic] and put it in your daw - Then switch it in and out of stereo and mono - you'll understand much more that way --

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016