Mixing in Dolby Atmos

Discussion in 'Logic' started by EdgarRothermich, Oct 6, 2021.

1. EdgarRothermich

EdgarRothermich Producer

"Apple is building immersive music-authoring tools directly into Logic Pro later this year".

I'm sure every Logic user noticed that unusual announcement from Apple when they introduced Spatial Audio with support for Dolby Atmos on their Apple Music streaming platform in June.

If you don't want to wait for the Logic release and already want to get your feet wet with the Dolby Atmos format with any of your DAW, you can with the help of my new book "Mixing in Dolby Atmos - #1 How it Works".

http://dingdingmusic.com/-gem-/graphically-enhanced-manuals.html

[​IMG]

I explain not only the software "Dolby Atmos Renderer" (available as a free 3-month trial) in great detail, but also the eco-system around it. Lots of information about the technology, the delivery mechanism, and new mixing and mastering workflows with many unique diagrams and graphics that makes it super easy to understand that new format.

Get a head start for your music and create Dolby Atmos mixes in Logic and deliver them to the streaming services with Avid Play and DistroKid as the first two aggregators to accept Dolby Atmos mixes.

More information and links about my book (available as pdf, iBook, Kindle, and printed book) on my website.

Enjoy,

3. EdgarRothermich

EdgarRothermich Producer

I just released my new YouTube video "Mixing in Dolby Atmos - How it Works", the companion video to my latest Dolby Atmos books with additional information and illustrations, plus a demonstration of a Stereo Headphone vs. Binaural Headphone signal.

This 47min video, like all videos in my "Music Tech Explained - the visual approach" channel is highly produced with motion graphics and recorded in 4K to make it super easy to watch and understand the topics that I explain.

(If you haven't done so, please subscribe for more upcoming videos).