Mixing 360 Audio

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by stavo, Jun 13, 2019.

1. stavo

stavo Member

Hi.

I have a friend that wants me to mix some projects but in ambisonic :unsure:
    Honestly i have not worked with this format before.
    Does anyone know which software works well and where can i start learning the basics?
    Sorry for my english i hope you understand me.

PD: I'll be working with a mixture of ambisonic raws combined with some mono and stereo files of sfx libraries.

3. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

These DAWs support ambisonics natively

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...kyRF3Grk_jShrgP91PmMsNTZvuPsZ8v9mloSP/pubhtml

REAPER does not support native, but it is a common DAW for ambisonics. Here are some ambisonics VST suites
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bttqMLClikcLoE7pAkf4jmYn8jhGfqJx1TirK/pubhtml

Fine make sure you pan them in ambisonics.

Also, t unless you have a SPECIFIC need for ambisonics, you could try working in surround instead. Surround can/usually be more HQ than ambisonics, Many more DAWs support this, and you can covert to ambisonics afterwards.

4. stavo

stavo Member

Thanks for the info!

For you which are the best vst suite? I'll be using it with reaper for 360 videos and vr tests.

5. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

I've now highlighted a few good ones in my sheet. You can mix & match. the convention MUST match, and preferably the order match.

6. stavo

stavo Member

:thanks:

7. electriclash

electriclash Guest

waves has some nice available products in this realm...

8. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Yes.

No. They're not particularly nice or advanced (1oA is lowest quality) , and most free suites can approximately match or better what waves has. See my sheet.

9. electriclash

electriclash Guest

thanks for posting! Have mixed only a bit in this space but looking forward to the exploration :bow::wink: