Mixer x2 in Reaper

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by Rhodes, Feb 22, 2017.

1. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

I'm not home but yes ur right about not having two mixers open at the same time. Seems kinda redundant though to have inspector open and mixer at the same time. I'm not positive but I'm almost sure there is actions to change track layouts. Hitting a hotkey to dive into the mixer when needed doesn't seem too unconventional. I was thinking u could bind a a custom action to change track layouts. And again I'm not home but can't u save TCP presets too.maybe binding a custom action to switch all three, TCP, track layout, and theme at once? Just a thought! Personally having an inspector does sound cool to me, I could just have track inspector open at all times and use my lemur layout on my iPad for mixing faders, pan, and fx. I did make a pretty awesome lemur layout, haven't posted anywhere yet and don't know if people will like it more than Binder or Reaper control layouts that have already been shared. But that seems like a good workflow to me! Inspector at all times and lemur for small mixing tasks! Thanks for the idea!

2. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Have you tried experimenting with the inert sub-project feature?

Another way to gang (series) or parallel side-by-side is to use folders....Seudo 2 mixer setup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

btw... I used two small mixers eons ago for a Reggae band in Missoula Montana. Kick, snare & vox in the first, fed into the second where everything else and FX were used. Sounded like I was using a large format console.

Was just there as a spectator to enjoy an authentic Reggae group and ended up saving the day.