Mixed in Key+Sample Librarian=?

Discussion in 'Software' started by thethirdperson, Sep 16, 2015.

1. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

So I know I'm a total n00b to these forums and my questions have become rather redundant. I promise this is my last question in regards to sample organization...for now =P. Seriously though thanks everyone for their help and suggestions I never thought I would actually get this far I'm eternally grateful to this forum. I've managed to sort through the muck I thought I've never been able to do.

Either way I went ahead and scanned most of my library through Mixed in Key and added it on Sample Librarian. I know Sample Librarian has a way to sort by Root Notes so I turned on that tab however most of them are not showing up. I know that Root Key is not a usual function of an ID3 tag if so there's probably not a standard way for Sample Librarian to read for root key tags written through Mixed in Key. However I feel like there has got to be an option that I'm not doing correctly on Mixed in Key so that I can be able to also sort through Root Key on Sample Librarian. Someone plzzz halp.

If it's not doable, no worries! That just means I will have to use two different programs for sample sorting. One for sorting by different characteristics (Sample Librarian) and one for sorting by key (Mixed in Key). Really wish I could've tried out Sound Miner as a PC user but seriously no complaints on my end. I get so much from AudioZ already and I know some releases have been PC only so no worries.

Seriously though from the bottom of my heart to everyone who's suggestions have been so damn helpful so far Thank you, Thank you, Thank you <3