Mixcraft 7 VSTi volume control

Discussion in 'Software' started by westfinch, Jun 15, 2015.

1. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

I am using Mixcraft 7 as a live use VST host. It has completely won me over because of it's stability, speed, and simplicity. I have also been wowed by many of their included vsti's. The only problem I have real concern over is not being to control the volume with my midi controller on many of the included vst instruments. I can control all outside vst's, and some of the included vst's, but nothing comes up in the instrument editor to control volume on several of the included vsti's. Each instrument is on a separate track and on a different midi receive number. I have also tried to control the track volume & the main volume with the controller, but there is no option that I can find to do that. I have tried Ableton, Bloexpander, Forte, Rack Performer, Studio One, Cantabile, Reaper & Live Professor. Live Professor has been my go to host until now, but I really love the new mixcraft. Anyone have a solution?

3. vaudio

vaudio Noisemaker

Yeah, sometimes Mixcraft gets wonky when trying to control some parameters inside hosted vsti's.

BUT, there is an option to set up a control surface to control volume faders for individual tracks. Go to Mix>MIDI Control Surface... :dancing:

4. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Help > Help File...

Manual, p. 42-53 (48-52)

5. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

Thanks to both of you. You guys were a great help!!!

westfinch