Mixcraft 7 - Team AiR - install/unpack issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by DrumcodeX, Mar 30, 2015.

1. DrumcodeX

DrumcodeX Platinum Record

Hi,

first of all: good to know that Team AiR is still out there, thanks for this release!

I'm unable to install Mixcraft though, because the .exe-file seems to be corrupted, screenshots attached (german system, Win7, 64bit).
    When I unpack (with 7zip and others) I get a message "CRC-Checksum-error, the file .... is corrupted" (shot1). I got it from the sister site, downloaded it 3 times, using different links from different hosters and posters, always the same result. I can run the installer and the key (both as Admin), all good, but at a certain point I'm getting an error message ("unknown decompression-error", shot2) with 3 options below "Cancel", "Repeat", "Ignore". Cancel quits installation, repeat only repeats the message, I tried going on with "ignore", and I can finish the setup by clicking on "ignore" about 300 times (no joke). But in the end I got a totally messed up installation with even the mixcraft7.exe missing.

Am I the only one with that problem? On the other site nobody seems to have an issue like that. Could somebody who got it working please tell me where he got his version from, so I could be sure that it's not corrupted? Or any other suggestions anyone? Really don't know what's going on with this, never had anything like that before.

thx in advance

Attached Files:

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

have you tried downloading with your anti virus software switched off? and restarting your router before downloading?

4. DrumcodeX

Ok, update, I got it working now.

The .exe-file's good, but I obviously didn't exctract it the right way. I tried with several ways of extracting with different archivers and finally WinRAR helped me out, because it provides much more information when something goes wrong with unpacking. For those who know the release: I had to extract each one of the .zip-files (included in the first .rar) seperately in order to get the .r00, .r01, .r02, etc.-files, that the second .rar-file needs to be extracted correctly. :wow:
    Really don't know if that's the way it's meant to be, at least I haven't seen this before.

Anyway, problem solved :wink:

And... what I've seen so far: yes, Mixcraft really improved with version 7. But it's still not a serious contender :rofl:

5. DrumcodeX

@ SirSillySausage: thx for your reply, it came while I was typing the other post. And I still need moderator's approval (newbie), so I can't answer even though I'm here, sry for delay. Yes, I always turn off antivirus when I'm downloading/installing stuff like that, forgot to say it in OP.
    I'm still wondering why I had to unpack it that strange way, usually it's enough to unpack the first archive-file. :dunno:

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It's because there are packing rules. If you had to deal with a million retarded zips then it smells like scene spirit. :rofl:

7. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

a lot of releases are "double packed" for a reason

I usually just select all rars / right click / extract here , then do the same again if another set of rars are extracted, then you should have the installation files, saves you having to extract each one separately

there was an issue a couple of years ago with some trolls abusing the forum, so the admin team set up moderating newbies first few posts, hence having to wait for your posts to be approved and published

8. Resonance

Resonance Newbie

I imagine it does enough for people on a small budget who don't want all the extra stuff the bigger programs have, though be interesting to see how much reaper will be when they release the new version. As they've just been bought up by another company with the same guy developing it, also be interesting to see whether acoustica have a lot more funds to develop it further and what direction they choose to go.

9. Musicalista

Musicalista Newbie

Why it isn't a serious contender?

10. ttorenting

ttorenting Member

It is serious contender though, depends upon who have read it or who learned it.
    Reaper is Seriously more serious then all serious contenders, respect for cockos.
    Cakewalk was serious _so what ?