MixbusTV (David Gnozzi) buying fake views

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dj_jon, Jun 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

That's easy to explain.
    https://www.discogs.com/de/artist/1432655-David-Gnozzi

Apparently the only things he was involved in as a musician were made 2002 and maybe also 2009.
    What he did on this thing in 2002 I do not know. But it could very well be. :yes:

2010 he ended his "music carreer" and 2011 he produced the first ep from someone. Sounds legit to me.
    It is advisable to take this "decades" thing more as marketing language.

And to think that he is not born 87 definetely is not nice. :thumbsdown:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Lonely_Avatar

Lonely_Avatar Ultrasonic

Him coming here, acting like a big shot and threatening lawsuits is very, very strange. What platinum mix engineer does that?

For me personally, no legit professional would do that.

What's even more disturbing is the fact that he brags about being a legit, well respected mainstream engineer.

What / who / when did he mixed that I might have heard of?

For me personally, from what I can see, he is clearly a influencer, making a living from pushing products, affiliate marketing etc.

Thank you, David for the knowledge you used to share many years ago.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. gotnofriends

gotnofriends Kapellmeister

He groomed a 15 year old, that's crazy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. gotnofriends

Overbearing. Look at her mannerism she's irritated look at what he's doing to their hands. A grown ass man

I always thought he gave her the ick based on their public interactions, now it all Makes sense.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
  5. gotnofriends

You're a bit suspect you casually glossed over the important things

6. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Wtf, so David is my age? I assumed he was 10 yrs older

1987 can't be right...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. ptepper

ptepper Kapellmeister

So meeting a minor is automatically a crime?

I can't read so let me copy/paste, say from Wikipedia:
    "(Celine) Dion first met René Angélil, her future husband and manager, in 1980, when she was 12 and he was 38..."

Hurry up, break it to the press and you'll become a hero.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. ptepper

ptepper Kapellmeister

What do you consider important?

Is it important that there's no proof of foulplay or indeed anything unusual in a pro-level music video featuring an attractive young female singer reaching 1M views on you tube, regardless of of the likes count?

Is it important that even if you could prove that any number of views are fake, which you can't, the person you are accusing of wrongdoing wouldn't be the only one with a motive or means to do it?

Is it important that it has been established that this pathetic attempt at mudslinging is based on an outright lie regarding the age of the female singer?

What do you have?

9. MdB

MdB Guest

[​IMG]

whats all that fuss about ..... wait, let me scratch my left nut. Oooohh I seeee ...
    Gonna need more beer

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

I find it strange that anyone who knows about the business, even in the slightest, is unaware of companies inflating views, among other age-old grocery list of "unethical" practices to promote their music. And I really lost you on why you/we should care about how he looks as an audio professional. You get fired from TMZ and got time on your hands?
    Incidentally, you need to stop jumping the train of media hype words; age differential in a relationship and grooming are two different things entirely, and it's more than slightly fucked up that that's where your mind immediately goes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  11. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Gotta facepalm when your wording has typo's :facepalm:
    Yes spot on :)

12. Coochie Bean Paste

Coochie Bean Paste Producer

:rofl::lmao:

13. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

In fact, this approach has existed for decades. Ever since majors discovered radio for themselves.

The only difference between haggling for air play slots and buying clicks/views is that the latter causes harm to some people, because these bots don't come out of nowhere.

14. skanxta

skanxta Newbie

Whatever anyone says about it being 'normal' industry practice to buy fake views it's still fraudulent in my book

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  15. Haze

Haze Producer

Firstly, I have absolutely no idea who this guy is, my first encounter with him is through this thread, so my judgement is formed purely on that basis.

I come to this forum mainly because it is "relatively" free of the usual bullshit that plagues certain other forums (yes, those two particularly) and the cesspit of social media; internet scientists, whiney histrionics, arrogant narcissists, insecure attention seekers and plain rude, offensive wankers. Most participants here are well mannered, insightful, open to discussion, genuine criticism and disagreement, with a good sense of humour and humility. I am here because the content discussed is PRO AUDIO, something I happen to have an interest in, as strangely enough, do most of the people here. I really do not care what haircut some random dude is wearing, the colour of their underwear, what their cat had for dinner last night or the distance they are able to achieve staining the snow yellow.

Whilst it's legitimate to question shady business practices (if that's actually what it is and not just conspiracy), slinging mud around about people that you know nothing about, as it appears from the content of this thread, of which there is ZERO actual evidence seems quite distant from the concerns of PRO AUDIO.

This isn't strange at all. For all you know he may be a member of this forum, as are many other PRO AUDIO guys. Even more likely is that he has friends, or his fiancé does, that frequent this place. Maybe he's the kind of guy that does internet searches for his name (I admit I do occasionally). There are many reasons why he would find out and subsequently post here in his defense. How would you feel if a thread opened up on a forum questioning your professional integrity like this? Especially when it concerns you're partner. Personally I'd be absolutely fucking livid and my response would probably be a several leagues beyond what he wrote and would receive an instant ban.

IS THE TRUTH.

Seriously, I hope you said that with your voice pitched down an octave with a huge reverb on it and not pitched up like a chipmunk coz otherwise you'd be in danger of sounding ridiculous.

No it isn't. My Discogs, All Music etc profiles are pitiful in comparison to what they should be. As an engineer I probably should have around 100 commercial releases (the kind with actual barcodes) listed, instead there's less than 10 (I just checked). I've never felt compelled to rectify that situation as I really couldn't care less and self-promotion is a completely alien concept to me. No doubt that's why I am still poor after spending my whole life in PRO AUDIO but that's a different story...

Regarding YouTube views, I had one track (as an artist) included on a reasonably successful compilation perhaps 20 years ago. That particular track ended up (illegitimately) posted on YouTube (still in its infancy). I didn't issue a copyright infringement notice as I actually found it complimentary that someone rated it enough to warrant posting it. I followed it to see how it would be received. I admit, I was kinda disappointed that after about three months there'd been virtually no plays so I stopped looking. Perhaps six months later I happened to swing by again and was a little shocked that there was now over 100,000 plays, plus comments (not all complimentary) so I began watching it again. Over the next six months it reached over 500,000 (hits create hits) before it was taken down, most likely by the record company. Now, that particular release wasn't done under my real name and due to having spoken word samples of a certain deceased "rock star" in it, I have no doubt that is the reason why it garnered so much attention. The point here is that if an unknown artist, as I was, could end up with that many hits back when YouTube wasn't what it is today (even the internet itself was still in minority usage), 1,000,000 hits today is chicken-feed, so claims of rigging are a bit pitiful and as the guy says "why stop there?".

So folks, just take a step back, remember why you're here and don't get dragged in (as I probably just did) to facile, unimportant, trivial, personal judgements on other human-beings lives that are really of no concern. Don't drag this place down to the level of other forums, show some respect and look after it like it matters...

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  16. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

ofc
    MC Solaar - Geopoetique. Double platinum. Took me a minute to find out.
    I'll send you the bill for my time via PM.

17. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

Sure, then he has at least two.
    Doesn't make it less valid. :dunno:

18. marshall stack 666

marshall stack 666 Member

It's really not a good look to slander someone in our industry unless you have actual data and proof of shady practices,because an opinion is still not a fact !
    Maybe your'e simping on his gf and you secretly admire him ?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
  19. dj_jon

dj_jon Ultrasonic

Wow I actually got David himself to respond lol.
    I had no idea this post would go that far.

As someone said previously, its kind of wierd he would respond to some idiot on a forum related to cracked plugins...

Sue me for defamation?
    All I said was your relationship gives off "grooming vibes" (my opinion)

Also yes, I know his girlfriend is 21 now. I was not lying. I only said 18 to prove my point. As other members have pointed out, they met when she was 15-16.
    (It's almost like I did my research before making this post...) :dunno:

Regarding David's response to the fake views, he can write all the paragraphs he wants about how the views are "real". I'll have none of it. They are clearly bought/fake.

You can't fool The Truth (me)

BTW I knew you guys would have a field day with the "I am The Truth" line:rofl:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. clone

clone Audiosexual

Isn't it possible this guy's production videos have a big audience, so the view #'s are that high? That's how clickbait/viral stuff functions. If the song made or worked on, in the video sucks; the number of likes would be very low. Click numbers won't help a bad song. I'm not sure you can confidently assume those two things are correlated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.