Mix in Sonar @ Von_Steyr

Discussion in 'Genre Specific Production' started by Jaymz, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

This for anyone wana check it out aswell... Demo ive recorded with a Female of a song we wrote together . Its not perfect and recorded in one day in my studio>>> Its pretty dry other than a few filters,pan, delay on kontakt backing track . quick vocal leveling with a lil reverb on one bus, but other than that you'll hear its not been mixed yet its got some mud needs some tuning an the Drums not mixed yet... Gona post another update vid upon finished master track . intro boring no edits you can skip to 2 minutes in if you dont wana hear me talk haha !

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  3. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Would love to get the chance to mix this mate, mp if you're interested, love it!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Good shit bro.:like:
    Especially liked the 2nd song with the clean guitars.Vocalist is pretty good too.
    Your drummer needs to hit the snare harder, maybe the snare is tuned too low and lacks some punch on top, try to play with the drumagog perhaps?
    Otherwise its good, interested how this will sound when its done.:)

5. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Thanks for the comment bro!!it's superior drummer that you hearing ;) i layed out a drum track in it an called a guy i know to come in an record the drums to it he listend to the SD track a few times then we recorded the drum tracks but ive got his tracks muted on the drums bus cause i havnt started on them yet ;) i unmuted them a few times in the vid but most of the drums playin in this is SD2 ... but yea i agree with you the snare on SD2 no go ;) im gona mix this all in the box i believe not use any outboard stuff this time around might go with my SSL bus clone on the master im not sure yet>>> Maybe some new SLATE reverb to replace Nebula this time??? lol

6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Drums are my 1st instrument.Been playing since the age of 14,been in a couple of bands,mostly heavy metal and some progressive stuff.
    As an independent song writer and producer i do different music but heavy metal is still a big part of me.
    Drums are the hardest to capture and mix, takes most time to take care of.
    People really judge the production by how the drums are recorded/mixed.
    If you look at some of the Roadrunner production, many of their bands dont have a good sound,(guitar wise),your guitars sound better than half of their bands.
    Nor do they have good songs, but they have nicely polished drums, all of them have good sounding drums and it works.
    Most of them trigger them or use drumagog.They have been doing it for a long time.

SB is good, toms sounded good, thats why i knew it wasnt a Slate library, lol.
    Yea, play with the snare sounds, im interested how this will all sound.:)

7. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Im workin on a 5 song Demo for a band i just recorded last week gona work on mixing this in between ill post it wen i get it close to finish :wink: