Missing Omnisphere 2 Libraries

Discussion in 'Software' started by James Maybe, Apr 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. James Maybe

James Maybe Newbie

FL studio 12 on PC, Omnisphere 2 installed properly ( I think, I'm using it right now). It seems like I'm missing library patches like I only have Omnisphere 1 library. It is Omnisphere 2 interface and updated to 2.3.2. Everything works fine. The file was 56.2GB on 8 DVD's. Problem.jpg

3. georgebee

georgebee Newbie

it looks like u got them all if that is your screen shot... if you had one disc loaded 80% of your list on the left hand side would be missing. Im not 100% sure , but it looks good to me

4. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Lol the libabry wouldn't say Omnisphere 2. Omnisphere 2 is just an updated version of Omnisphere. On top of that you have the EDM Libabry meaning you are good to go and your libabry is fine. If it actually gives you an error loading presets... that's a different story.

5. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

Hi, the problem is you have also installed "Bob Moog Tribute Library" expansion! BTW it will be not easy to determine exactly if your default Omnisphere 2 library is correct or wrong. For example, after Keyscape installation (as Omnisphere satellite), indicated values are differents! Assuming it's same principle after "Bob Moog Tribute Library" installation.

:excl: As signalflow said just above, you'll see Onmisphere, even if you've installed Omnisphere 2!

When you start you DAW (here FL Studio 12) then open Omnisphere VSTi plugin, normally you must see a window indicating versions. Otherwise click on "Spectrasonics" logo from GUI. Then click on "DIAGNOSTICS" button and wait couple of seconds. You must see exactly this as result:

I have this after a fresh install, without any expansion (nor Trilian):

[​IMG]

If your values are identical, your Omnisphere (2) library is good.

Your libraries from "Directory" droplist (PATCH browser) seems good:

- Atmosphere Library --> OK
    - Moog Tribute Library (optional expansion)
    - Omnisphere Library --> OK
    - Spotlight - EDM --> OK meaning you're using Omnisphere v2.x!

:excl: After Omnisphere installation (or any Omnisphere expansion/Trilian installation), don't forget to refresh both PATCH browser and MULTI browser, by clicking 5th button from left (circle with arrow) below browsers.

[​IMG]

Versions:

- Omnisphere Software v2.3.2h 64 bit
    - Omnisphere Soundsources v2.0.1c
    - Omnisphere Patches v2.3.0c

Hope this will help you!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  6. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

After "Bob Moog Tribute Library" installation (version 1.2c), values are:

Number of factory soundsources = 5,305
    Total size of factory soundsource DBs = 59,857,926,155
    Number of factory patches = 8,356
    Total size of factory patch DBs = 275,605,078

NOTE: these values don't change if you install 72.1 GB "Keyscape Library" v1.0.1 (as Omnsiphere satellite).

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  7. DeViouS

DeViouS Newbie

I seem to be having a similar issue. Everything was working perfectly, then my internal HD failed. When Mac replaced my HD they changed my OS from El Capitan to Sierra (even though I asked them not to). Since then nothing has worked correctly. I've had to update ProTools, Logic, Reason and a list of VST's. Some of them haven't worked since, Omnisphere being one of them. I thought since I put the Steam folder on a external HD and created an alias for it where it goes on the internal HD it would work. (I don't know much about aliases but I thought it would be bigger than 1 kb since my steam folder is over 187gb. but what do I know)

Here's some screenshots to show what's going on.

This is a couple of the errors I was getting when I first tried to reinstall.
    Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 12.11.12 PM.png

So I used "find any file" and deleted everything from Spectrasonics. Omnisphere, Trillian, Keyscape & Stylus RMX.

Then reinstalled and made it here
    Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 12.12.19 PM.png
    After checking the Diagnostics
    Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 11.25.03 AM.png
    My library is still empty.
    Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 11.25.18 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 11.25.40 AM.png

Someone please help me.