Missing in Studio One 5.2

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by WillyA, Mar 19, 2021.

1. WillyA

WillyA Producer

I have downloaded Studio One 5.2. I found it trying to "write home", despite the fact that I had blocked it when I installed 5.1, so I just re-blocked it and it seems to work fine,

I spent the entire day yesterday checking it out, It's definitely a good upgrade, especially the new Sound Variations.

I was working on Notation, and I found a few things glaringly missing.

Tablature - If we are going to have guitar tablature, then we should at least have SOME guitar articulations, Palm Mute is a MUST have. Bends and slides would be nice as well,

Even ore important the ability to write TEXT onto the Score.

I ask anyone with a genuine copy to PLEASE ask Presonus to add ability to put text anywhere in the score between the staves and to add at least Palm Mute to the score.

Sound Variations : If you assign an instrument to a track and load the Sound Variations for the instrument and later decide to change the instrument, it insists on keeping the Sound Variation Preset for the original instrument instead of clearing it for a new one.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I'm afraid the score features aren't going to improve much because Presonus has a separated software for notation

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. ACAS

ACAS Kapellmeister

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  5. Ziplob1

Ziplob1 Ultrasonic

Studio one is asking to download additional content libs, is this something that is ok or should I block it from doing so, I ask because I dont want this version getting locked out. As anyone else DL the content and been ok? any ideas?

6. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice Kapellmeister

@Ziplob : your question already has the answer in it ,IMHO.
    Not sure , but I suppose one has to login to dwnload, I would´nt do it.
    It´s like robbing a bank , and asking the clerk if he has a bag for the cash , and if he might bring that filled bag to your car.

7. Ziplob1

Ziplob1 Ultrasonic

lol I guess so, good analogy.

8. WillyA

WillyA Producer

I have a sneaking feeling that they will drop Notion in time. I don't think it sells that well, but if they put more stuff into Studio One, they won't need it. I don't see people queuing up to excitedly await a new version of Notion, like they do Studio One and they are competing with the BIG boys, like Sibelius, which is way above the league of Notion.

9. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Logic had one of the better scoring features for a DAW and that's because it was developed from Notator by EMAGIC many moons ago before Notator became Logic, then Logic Audio (now owned by Apple). I do not use it anymore but last Century it was certainly the most advanced and 'logical' score editor of its time before Digital Audio Workstations became commonplace.
    With Sibelius, Finale and other dedicated scoring applications, which are more focused purely on notation, orchestration, arranging and scoring, the majority of these applications seamlessly run with several DAW's, whether rewire or ARA. As it has been suggested, I agree that separating the two for the greater part is a good thing.

10. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Hadnt sibelius this nice menu designs? (i love this video) Despite Sibelius was a very great software before it was sold to AViD.

So i doubt anything other than sibelius is selling bad? (AViD has not cleared this design stuff and i tried it myself and gave up in 2019 and uninstalled)

I guess the question is, what is your target audience? And for S1, this are probably not score composers? Or I am wrong?

Was thinking about this too, but other DAW bring already alot stuff and im sure? Has S1 a trial like Ableton has? then you are maybe good to download? Otherwise they could find out, ohh more people are downloading is this bcs of our version got unlocked?