Missing files in Berlin woodwinds Library

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by EBS2000, Nov 2, 2016.

1. EBS2000

EBS2000 Newbie

Someone try to work with this library?
    Seems when i try to load some instruments like english horn multi, there are 580 files missing: like:
    English-horn_release-short_0_49_F2-close.ncw etc....
    After try a batch resaved in kontakt still the same problem, a lot of files are missing.
    Any Idea?

3. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Well kontakt can't find the samples in question for whatever reason :yes:

The sample you have named there is the release sample for close mics.

Firstly I would manually search the folder structure for release samples as likely will be located in that folder.

There are a few possibilities :yes:

1.) The library itself is missing samples or the download is corrupt.

2.) Kontakt can't find the appropriate samples as they are located somewhere else ie outside the folder or on an external drive if you have moved them on which case you need to manually re-link the nki to missing sample.
    This is a common cause of such a message. Sometimes people also change the name of a drive which causes similar problems.

3.) You may have batch-resaved and pressed "ignore" missing samples.
    In this scenario nki will have possibly been stripped or kontakt has linked samples to nki etc with certain samples missing.
    Batch resave with missing samples can also affect nkr.
    This is maybe unlikely as Kontakt is telling you that samples are missing.

These are most likely alltough could be a few other things.

First thing to try is check folder structure and manually search for the missing samples.
    You have sample name so manually search your folder for the sample in question to find its whereabouts.
    Also try outside the folder ie search the whole drive for the missing samples.
    If that fails try a batch resave and get kontakt itself to search for locations.
    Also check "allow alternative file types." Kontakt will search and may find the samples.
    If that fails then you can manually search and choose location yourself and may come up with the missing samples.
    If after searching all locations you can't find the samples and haven't managed to re-link the nki etc then it's a possibility that the download is corrupt.
    To check this un-rar etc the library and start over :(
    First thing to do after positioning new library is to batch re-save immediately.
    If kontakt tells you that samples are missing then it is a possibility that the library is corrupted.
    In this case you will have to re-download the library or just the missing samples.
    Could be a pretty big job with this library.
    I'm not familiar with this library so can't say if I've experienced the same problem but maybe other users could verify.

Best of luck with finding the samples in question :bow: :mates: