Mirror phone screen/camera to another phone, both android?

Discussion in 'Mobile' started by RobertoCavally, Aug 7, 2023.

1. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

I would like to video record some stuff (controller, maschine,..) on my desk with my main phone camera, from the opposite side from where I am sitting. Since in that case I can't see the phone screen I thought I'd mirror it to another phone, to check and adjust the camera view.

I would prefer that going on on my local wireless network, but apart from a couple of shady apps with very low rating, most can stream from phone to PC (e.g. Iriun) only, instead from phone to phone.

Since I don't care about the lag (it's just for scene setup), I started to look at VoIP apps - Viber can't share phone screen, Google Meet supposedly can (?) and on (mobile) Zoom, one can apparently chose to share the screen or Camera only..

Anyone with any experience or suggestions in this regard? Help appreciated :bow:

3. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

4. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

Thanks. I think at some point I came along ApowerMirror and a couple of other similar apps. What put me off is the number of negative reviews, some concerning security (the app sending data to xy servers..). It may just be some paranoid users, idk. Did you use any of these apps?

I have a couple of Samsung phones and ofc I want to put the app on my main one (/w best camera). OTOH I'd like to keep that phone clean as much as possible. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet..;)

5. VincentMartinez

VincentMartinez Newbie

Apps like Screen Stream Mirroring or ApowerMirror are popular choices for mirroring your phone screen to another device over your local Wi-Fi network. They offer convenient solutions for ensuring you capture the perfect shot without needing to constantly check your phone.
    Additionally, considering your preference for local wireless network connectivity, it's worth experimenting with different VoIP apps like Google Meet or Zoom.
    For more detailed instructions and troubleshooting tips, you can check out www.aka.ms.phonelinkqrc. It offers additional insights and suggestions to help you find the best solution for your needs.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024