Minta Foundry and Smuggled Audio Analog labs problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by db100, May 26, 2023.

1. db100

db100 Kapellmeister

I downloaded the Minta Foundry Keys and Pads and the Smuggled Audio Analog lab preset bank and they both have problems when installing them. the problem is that the makers of these banks apparently didnt care about file name restrictions under windows (like using asterix * and stuff) and some other stuff. i have seen a solution in both threads of those preset banks on the sister site by using an hex editor and editing the preset bank files, but both threads got taken down due to DMCA request.
    so i hope somebody (or the op) still has the solution written down somewhere and can give me a instructions on how to make both banks workable on windows. thanks!

EDIT: ok so quickly after writing this i checked out the said preset banks within analog labs (had them installed with the latest vr bank bundle) and the missing samples are shown there. so i guess those are the ones to be edited in the hex editor to make them install on windows. the ones missing in the minta foundry one have astrixs and the one in the smuggled audio have colons in it. colons are restricted under windows to use as a file name and astrix cannot be used in a filename either because it is a wildcard character which means "G#1*.wav", for example, equals "ALL WAV FILES STARTING WITH G#1" and ending with ".wav"

Last edited: May 26, 2023