minimum gpu for modern vst plugins

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by wasgedn, Sep 9, 2018.

1. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

its always a 'krimi'
    i did ad firewire card with texas chip....all running now but my geforce gtx500 or whatever is defect now....i was never able to clean it cause i didnt wanted to unplug it...mistake i guess..how ever now my machine is even more modded on performance maybe cause i can run just on onboard chipset through hdmi port of defect geforce ....but audio damage need modern gpu...i dunno if melda runs just on chipset....how ever maybe i run just with on board chipset...limititation wont hurt me but anyway what cards you think is cheap and enough powered to run modern vst plugz which want fancy gui
    1024 is enough or ?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

4. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I have upgraded my setup,and with my new PC I use the Intel UHD Graphics 630 from my processor and all is working fine!
    But lately I had a problem with audio Damage plugins;I updated my drivers and all is good now.
    All my plugins work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Rudy Manterie

Rudy Manterie Platinum Record

krimigednich

6. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

thats vey very cool square dj ..forgive me which drivers did you update...?

7. n12n0

n12n0 Kapellmeister

dude...
    hab durchs Zufall wegen dem verheißungsvollen Titel auf der Schwesterseite geklickt (hatte gerade Chips und war/bin gespennt auf die Antworten...)

Schreib mir an anderer Stelle (weisst ja wo) ne PM. mit so Karten kann ich Dich tot schmeissen. Ich schick Dir 1 umsonst (710GT 2GB) ;)

bin mal wieder raus hier (no hate)

peace n12n0

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  8. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Not sure if you can manage modern GUI plug-ins unless you have the newest Nvidia 2080.

Seriously I am still using the crappy Intel chipset from my motherboard and all is well.

10. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

funny thing my x86 lenovo g550 beast notebook from 2008 fully expanded is runnin all new plugz from chipset...the acer predator from 2012 not...
    i thought i killed my i7 desktop yesterday but its the gpu...damn what horror...
    then i was 1:30 hours infront of edirol tweaking and thinking...i thought its defect until i remember i bought this boss eq...some hardware need to be turned on unlike vst eq ..he he..
    btw i7 2800 seems enough for my needs....
    the latency of firewire edirol is superb

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  11. n12n0

n12n0 Kapellmeister

acer predator has many types , so to really help you we need the proper classification or, at least information to your Mainboard

you can also use tools like https://www.chip.de/downloads/System-Spec_50303824.html to check this out.

-can be bios configurations like aperture size ( the amount of ram dedicated to your GPU onboard chip)
    -can be drivers

but it´s all "finger in die Luft halten" as long as we have more details

but generally speaking .. if your mainboard has onboard graphics your should be able to configure it in a way all kind of plugs should work.

the only downside may be the fact that all RAM that is taken away to be used for for graphics onboard chip is.. well away :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

thanks a lot n12....:mates:
    means i need gpu card...ive only 8gb ram...later after gpu card need to upgrade to 16 and thats it for me then for long time (also ,i dont plan to be able for 10 or more kontakt instances , so its more then enough then i guess)...but this comes at the end of list...list is long at moment...im gona relive the 90ies and buy some not much 90ies studio gear at moment..

hey can you take a look here...you a mpc2000 guy or ??

https://audiosex.pro/threads/akai-s3200.41034/

i got s3200 with s3000 eproms....the unit seems good and switching through menues is ok...need to test it...paid350... week before i was broke same thing plus stuff sold for 250 damn

13. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

i will check the mainboard ;):mates:

14. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

integrated gpu since roughly Intel HD 4000 (Ivy Bridge cpu series from 2012) should be fine,
    let's not forget it's the screen resolution and refresh rate (basically frame rate) matters more - especially when using multi-monitor setups where EACH monitor needs certain amount of video memory (let's say one screen needs 500MB, then 3 monitors need 1500MB vram)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

thx for input..
    i just using one big smart tv screen and ableton is not multi monitor able anyway...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

its bit overlapping sry..forget bout black area

edit
    i will look into bios
    edit edit
    with 500mb ram for graphics i guess i could live with that...yep

16. n12n0

n12n0 Kapellmeister

17. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

thx a lot n12 i ll do that..the nividea driver i think i have but not the chipset...
    in past i installed nvdea driver and all was good but now gpu card defect...and its gone worse i had to unplug and pulg in to get normal screen yesterday after i came back after 11/2 hours away from putter..i was in s3200 thread and later as i wanted shut down system i saw graphics heavy crap flimmern..no usable but after plug out plugin it worked again...however i got non hdmi ports on motherboard ...so i need a gpu card
    sorry für hin und her , hier...
    what do you think is 1 gb enough or do i need 2 gb gpu card ?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  18. Ballz

Ballz Producer

All the pros use VSTS with ray tracing capabilities. IF you want to sound like a pro you're gonna need a GTX 2080TI at the very low price of $1200+

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. n12n0

n12n0 Kapellmeister

schreib mir einfach bei AF ne pm mit Adresse oder Postpach und ich schick Dir ne 710GT 2GB für lau..die reicht dicke. dann ist das hin und her endlich vorbei ;) bin ja nicht so aktiv hier normalerweise, daher lieber dort dann muss ich hier nicht immer reinschauen und checken ob ich Dir was antworten muss :)

p.s. bezüglich des s3200 .. nicht zu technisch nerdig werden bei der Verbindung zum PC .. "keep it real" dafür hastes doch gekauft fuchs Dich rein und track einfach das Audiosignal old school in die DAW ;) hab für so Gefuddel selbst vielviel Zeit verschwendet spreche also nicht als Klugscheisser sondern als geschundenes Kind.. einfach Mukke machen , Beschänkungen können was Tolles sein ;)

peace

20. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

@wasgedn For VSTs, any card should work, unless it's more than 10 years old and has 128 MB of RAM or less. Hell, even that one should work with the majority of plugins. :rofl: That Nvidia GT 710 with 1GB of RAM should work very well, and it's passively cooled for silence. It also won't saturate the PCIe slot too much, since it's not a very powerful card. This is actually a plus for us computer musicians, because it leaves PCIe more free for audio cards and stuff we do need. The only downside is you won't be able to play any modern games.

The most important thing to remember is to install a good VGA driver. You seem to have no VGA driver installed on that laptop! [says Standard VGA adapter] That's what makes it work without any 2D and 3D acceleration. Sometimes it's better to use an older version of VGA driver. Particularly if it's an older VGA card. My rule is: the older - the better, and if it works with all the plugins properly, it is good. :rofl:

Newer VGA drivers deal generally only with gaming problems these days, anyway. :wink:

Cheers!

21. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

thanx a lot guys...:mates:
    n12 take a lok at youre profile pm....and then we talk on elsewhere later..thx a lot
    -------------

:like::invision::rofl:thx ballz