Minimal Audio Current Question

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Friendelek, May 30, 2024.

1. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

Hi all !

It's been a long time since the release of the Current by Minimal Audio. All this time I've been ignoring this synth. Every time I wondered why I needed it, and so have so many others already. So I want to ask people who use it. Is there any point in installing it if I already use Serum/Vital/Phaseplant ???
    Is there anything interesting there or is it just the same synthesisers but in a different skin ??

Thanks

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I just did a fresh OS install and am putting stuff back from scratch rather than a time capsule backup. It had not even crossed my mind to reinstall it. It might be alright if you did not already have Serum, Phaseplant, etc. If you do, it's rather underwhelming.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

Thanks for answer. I see him very often on sistersite and I was wondering if it has any new convenient functions or not.

5. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

In matter of synthesis there's nothing extraordinary going under the hood, whats appealing about it is the workflow. Minimal Audio has a rather interesting UI across all its plugins, Current isn't different, some people love it, some people hate it. Only way to find out if it's interesting for you is trying it out.

6. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

i find it very inspiring. I own serum, phaseplant etc etc, yet still find current unique enough to use it. Its nothing groundbreaking, but it sounds great, and is fun to program, highly tweakable and great modulation. Many great presets as well + a pretty great FX section

7. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

FX section is only thing that looks very interesting

8. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Andrew Huang has it in his top 3 favourite plugins of 2023. And he's a synth nerd.

He says it's absolutely packed with unique options to tweak, and it has the highest ratio of usable presets of any synth he has used.

@19:26

I haven't used it myself but thought i'd pass the vid along

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

Did those on Windows not get to try the extended demo version?

10. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

it's already on the sister site. Trying to keep PC clean after fresh install.

I think it's just Ad