Minimal Audio Current or Uvi Falcon

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Kunter2011, Jan 3, 2024.

1. kola

kola Member

OR YOU WILL BE PUNISHED.

2. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

your comparing apples to oranges. Falcon is insanely deep, has tons of banks of organic and synthetic sounds. Current is aimed towards heavier electronic genres, DnB, trap, techno, etc. What kind of music you make will help dictate the decision.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I wouldn't buy Omnisphere now, because we are on v2.8 already. If they can charge us for v3, they will. New users frequently get better deals than existing users upgrading. I would keep that in mind. Falcon I use in about every project, and v3 was a free update. Nexus is more expensive than Falcon. We have no approximate release date for Serum2. If I was going to sub to any, it would be the UVI Falcon sub. there is so much synth/sample content, plus almost all their plugins are very good. When Falcon is on sale it is about $200.

Serum is just about 10 years old, and all these people still use it for a reason. I would try to get info about the Serum 2 release date, if I could only pick one. I would wait on Serum2 to see which. I really doubt Serum will be copying anything about Current.

I am going to pass on Current for now.

4. luckyLuke7

luckyLuke7 Ultrasonic

It's like asking ass or tities ? Which one you prefer if you could only pick one ?

Don't get me wrong just so you have a clear picture of the comparison.

Anyway the question should re-framed as " Which one is more hyped?" ( I need to have something hype on my studio so new kids can smile ... )

5. Kunter2011

Kunter2011 Ultrasonic

I am into Melodic Techno and prog house ... I want to experience some new synth thing Current and Falcon is the options I found I dont have it at the moment

6. RajuPalliBabu

RajuPalliBabu Ultrasonic

Falcon is like kontakt with more features.

Current seems for me to be a synth that doesnt load libraries. These are two different things

If you need a new synth, go with current or i would suggest vital

edit
    I went and tried current, yeah get this rather than falcon rompler

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  7. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

I'm into both genres too, also do ambient and few other projects, dunno, you know your needs better, If you feel some of them is adding value to your arsenal, go for it, only you can tell that at this point.

8. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

if you're really "need" to choose only between this two options, then probably "Current", because at least it is a capable synth. Falcon is sort of "jack of all trades, master of none".

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  9. alexeuskrr

alexeuskrr Member

Falcon is amazing for sound design: has excelent resonant filters, oscs (granular, wavetable, sampler, VA, FM and much more), insane arpegiator and sequencers (you can even use Lua script to make your own), very good and usable presets for many purpose etc. Lastly, UVI provides fantastic regular updates. Trade-off: If you go for legit, it will be expensive. I love my mine.

Current seems good, I will try soon. Great opportunity to try it now.

Other recommendations (besides Omnisphere, Pigments, Massive X etc.)
    Serum has a really lovely sound. It matches for any kind of electronic music. Really like the osc and filter sections on it. There is no mistake here.

Rapid Parawave is abandonware and expensive. So, It's too risky. But I really love this software, I started using it more and more in the last few months, using my own samples and wavetables. Great sound character, a simple and affective GUI, excellent effects and really good filter. To gether with Falcon, these two are my favourite synths.

Equator2 is available in the sister site.
    I bought it two years ago and was disappointed with its interface, effects and filter. But somehow since release in the sister site, I started to play with it (and have fun) and started to like create some good sounds. By far it has the best implementation of an MPE in a software synth. Try on it.
    Drawback: Equator2 is almost abandoware. Roli has filed for bankruptcy in 2021. The company was reformed as Luminary. More details in https://roli.com/stories/roli-reforms-as-luminary-what-you-need-to-know.

10. wickermanxxx

wickermanxxx Newbie

Falcon can be as complex or as simple as you like. You can play presets or tweak presets and learn. You can buy sample packs or make your own, You can experiment in building your own synths/presets.

I saved and went legit with no regrets and I am poor.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

Falcon is much much more than a rompler. its one of, if not the most powerful synth on the market. So many types of synthesis engines available, including multiple types of samplers. There is a steep learning curve, but once you know it, the possibilities are endless.

Current is also very cool, but its very very heavy leaning towards experimental electronic music. Falcon can have bread and butter synth sounds, granular mayhem, EDM supesaws, orchestral samples etc etc.

I own both, and use both. Both excellent in their own way.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Current looks like another wave-table synth wherein you're encouraged to be tied to the apron-strings of the OEM. A lot of these synths are that way. I generally dislike software that encourages tie-in's to internet sites. Haven't tried current yet but I will shortly, without the internet baubles since I don't ever allow my media production machines internet access. Equator2 I found refreshing in the fact that it imports raw samples. I can go out into the world and record anything and fiddle with it in equator. Current apparently does this too. Since I haven't tried current yet I have no idea what one can do with it raw sample wise. Falcon has the same kind of capability, but not all these synths or synth "environments" are created equal in this realm... The ones that do raw sample import are generally in a class a cut above the rest in my book. Even if the OEM takes a dive you can still use the instrument to make new different sounds. Romplers have their place in the mix as well but again you're dependent on a OEM for new sample sets. You can tweak presets from locked down OEM sampled material or you can tweak presets from raw samples. Makes it nice when there are plenty of tools in the box to be able to do both.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
  13. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

Featurewise? Falcon. Coolestwise? Current.

14. dondada

dondada Rock Star

he asked for opinion about 2 synth, its not that deep:suicide:

15. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

16. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

You are right. The subject was "Minimal Audio Current or Uvi Falcon" so what is doing this comment about Avenger anyways?

17. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

VSt3 superlate, but no real new function since ....

18. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

As someone says, it would be off topic. I've already explained this in other threads.