Mine Modular Controller

Discussion in 'DJ' started by tulamide, Jan 29, 2017.

1. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

I just stumbled over this Kickstarter project in another forum. Now, I am no DJ, but this project seems to be the next level of control for DJs at least. Even I as a conventional midi controller keyboard user am very interested.

But hurry, the project runs until February 24, and is now (after 4 days) at around 15,000 of 150,000 goal. If you think this is great, spread the word.

3. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

From what I can see, which is not much tbh,it doesn't seem to be rugged enough for live dj use.

4. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

It's an interesting concept but they should really have included the v2 components they talk about like the motorized faders, touchstrips and xy pads, etc. Here's hoping the v1 sales allow for v2. Good for them.

I'm just thinking out loud here but it would be pretty cool if every module was wireless, non-slip and didn't require the base.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  5. GangamStyle

GangamStyle Ultrasonic

Seems super redundant to me, in an age of touchscreens and tablets which can do a lot more than just be a bunch of buttons and sliders...

6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I've created my own and used many different touchscreen templates and while it does allow for some really cool possibilities (manipulating 10 different encoders/faders manually at varying rates, displaying visual feedback of waveforms, etc.) I also have some hardware and there is a degree of control, expression and responsiveness that comes with a physical encoder that just isn't there with the touch.