Mimic an analogue mix chain in your daw

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by guitarboy2008, Jun 14, 2011.

1. guitarboy2008

guitarboy2008 Newbie

I was just wondering the best way to recreate the analog sound in your daw. I use logic 9 and im curious as to what people think the best say, analog vocal channel strip would be i.e which compressor --> eq etc to mimc an analog desk, and also regarding the bussing.
    Thanks

3. nick1980webb

nick1980webb Newbie

guess you would have to pick up slate digitals vcc for starters

4. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

NomadFactory Blue Tubes Analog TrackBox :wink:

5. Flo

Flo Newbie

Also go with Trim plugins to beginn your chain with. I ve also come across say Mic Pre simulation. Check the 1 by company 112dB.

Theres also the thing Faux Console. Which means you build a template and set this up for any channels you may use. Referred to as veeeeery analogue sounding

:headbang:

6. guitarboy2008

guitarboy2008 Newbie

i wanted to mimic an ssl.... sooo i have inserted the waves ssl e-channel on every strip... i have read somewhere to come even closer, to add the airwindows desk, or buss colours? any suggestions.... i dont fully understand what the last 2 plugins do.

7. guitarboy2008

guitarboy2008 Newbie

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/picture2lk.png/

is this the type of idea?

8. Flo

Flo Newbie

I think so yes. I wouldnt throw all this on a channel. I question how much analogue a trim/gain plug does but a micpre simulation ought to do some. Was ment more as a point to start the experiemnt from :wink:

With all the respect to Saint I'd suggest u take this question to the gearslutz board or at least do a search there. Their lots of pros AND I guess there are dudes that can compare their mimiced board to the real deal, which I think is the only way to get it close(r).
    Let me know if u find out more anout this, I m interrested as well.