Migrating to Logic pro 10.1.1

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by HamidShekari, Apr 1, 2015.

1. HamidShekari

HamidShekari Newbie

Hi everyone.
    i was workin with Windows 7 x86 (becuase 32-bit plugins are more accessible)

Now i bought an iMac i5 , 8GB of RAM and i switched to logic pro.
    but i can't install all the plugins that i need.because only 32-bit version of them is exist.
    for example sonnox elite plugins.because they are 32- bit.i have used JbridgeM but it's bothers me.it's too Slow.(i'm not using purchased apps.)

is there diffrence between AU 32 bit and AU 64bit in logic?

what should i do?
    is there any solution?

3. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

use 32 lives.

it wraps 32 bit plug ins so they csn be used in logic x

4. HamidShekari

HamidShekari Newbie

oh tnx.but is that reliable?it doesn't work slowly?

5. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

i tried both JBridge and 32lives, i can tell you 32lives is much better

i installed Sonnoz elite plugins too, works great with LPX 10.1.1 got some problems with previous version, but now it's bridged and stable :wink:

6. HamidShekari

HamidShekari Newbie

wo0o.i hope so.and finally is it CPU Friendly?what it does with cpu?it won't have any effect on quality of synths?

7. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

If you want to run 32bits plugins without convert them, go for Logic 9

LogicX is a toy not a serious daw ;-)

8. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

well LPX is just LP9 working at 64 bit instead of 32, new graphic and new features (Track Stack, VCA faders etc). Since the OP got a new MAC what the point of start with LP9. Also remeber that some users (me too) have experienced heavy graphical glitches with LP9 and OSX 10.9.0. The OP just got a new Mac so it should run 10.10 wich can increase compatiblity issue. Of course he can just install both of them and see which work best :wink:

9. HamidShekari

HamidShekari Newbie

1) is logic 9 64-bit? by the other words,can logic 9 use all of my system resources to have better and faster process?
    2)what's the best version of logic 9?

10. o1nemusic

o1nemusic Newbie

As others have recommended, 32 Lives is definitely the way to go. If you're able to spend the money, I HIGHLY recommend purchasing FXpansion's VST to AU Adapter as well- you'll save yourself from a lot of compatibility related headaches down the road.

11. o1nemusic

o1nemusic Newbie

1) Logic Pro 9 can run in 32-bit as well as 64-bit, but speaking as a heavy user of both versions, I'd recommend just going to the latest version of LPX man.
    2) The latest (best) version of Logic Pro 9 is version 9.1. That said, Logic Pro 9 isn't compatible with OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).

12. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

I am switching and upgrading daws for more than 30 years and LXP is the best for major professional composers and magazines.
    LXP is a toy for the lazy that not studied LXP :bleh:
    Upgrading and get deeper with new toys is a daily thing for the ones that wanna live in the present...
    Past have many things good but the future needs research to be better... its not the problem with LXP that have more years than me as a professional, right? *yes*

13. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Using 32 Lives to wrap 32-bit AUs to use on 64-bit O/S architecture is great, but it can be buggy. For example: when using MIDI tempo-synched parameters (causing a periodic fading-in/out of the audio on the track), or 32 Lives' forgetting that it had converted the AUs, or having to clear the Logic cache in 32 Lives and/or re-installing it and re-wrapping the AUs periodically (a great killer of creative flow, I tellya).

Using Logic Pro 9 on a 32-bit O/S, such as 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) requires no wrapper, but using LP9 on a later Mac O/S requires a wrapper for 32-bit AUs.

I'm currently on LP 10.1 in O/S 10.10.2. Though I've been trying to find 64-bit versions of my favorite AUs, and resorting to 32 Lives for my old faves which don't require syncing with MIDI. I've also had to keep my mind open to finding approximate 64-bit replacements for those with no 64-bit counterparts or updates, and to the inevitability of having to "just move on" as things grow obsolete. Since I'm hanging-in there with a five-year-old Macbook Pro while developments in software and O/Ses advance rapidly, I'm realizing how important it is to keep-up with changes, at least to be aware of them, and try not to adopt them right away: to try to strike a balance between adopting stuff too soon and holding-on to yesterday's methods just because they'd taken me so long to master or I've grown so accustomed to them.

14. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Indeed, and although 32lives works surprisingly well most of the time, I prefer to keep a 32bit version of Ableton 9 at hand. Synced by old school Midi, nothing fancy, but that just works and Ableton plus LPX is more than I'll likely ever need.

15. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Yes it's CPU friendly i'm running i3 3,20 ghz without problems. Synths and effects quality is just the same.

16. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

http://roaringapps.com/app/logic-pro-9

17. The LT

The LT Ultrasonic

You're a toy. Just sayin'.

18. mag666

mag666 Kapellmeister

The latest version of Logic Pro 9 is v9.1.8 not v9.1

Running Logic Pro v9.1.8 under Yosemite 10.10.3 (and the beta 10.10.4) without issue here... though I prefer to run it under Snow Leopard 10.6.8 because of the extra demands Yosemite makes on system resources.