Migrating Kontakt Portable from 5.7 to 6.0 - import library?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by MauroPacc, Nov 26, 2018.

1. MauroPacc

MauroPacc Newbie

Hey guys, quick question,

I am trying to understand if there is a way to copy all my libraries setup on Kontakt 5 Portable straight into the portable version 6.0.2.

I have toooooons of manually created libraries that I hope I don't have to re-insert and sort as I like them.

I have found an xml library file inside the "service centre" folder but once I copied it from v5 to v6, only 5 libraries showed up and with the "missing content" red triangle (i.e......it didn't work).

Is there something in the Library Manager that can be done to point v6 to an existing library list setup?

I have used v6 Library Manager to setup 3 random library just to monitor which file gets created by it; and again, it looks like all information is stored in that library xml inside the "service centre" folder. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

3. Majestic

Majestic Rock Star

How to transfer settings and libraries from Kontakt 5.7.x - 5.8 PORTABLE to Kontakt 6 PORTABLE
    1. Close all copies of Kontakt 6 PORTABLE, including VST plug-ins.
    2. Copy the UserData folder from the root folder of Kontakt 5 Portable to the root folder of Kontakt 6 Portable.
    3. Open the copied UserData folder , find the subfolders Kontakt and Kontakt 5 there . Folder Kontakt delete. Rename Kontakt 5 folder to Kontakt
    4. Open the Settings.cfg file in the copied folder in a text editor, find the line [Kontakt 5] , replace it with [Kontakt Application] Save changes.

Also

How to make Kontakt 6 PORTABLE load with old Kontakt 5 PORTABLE projects

1. In the \ Kontakt6Portable \ Kontakt \ x64 \ VST \ folder create three copies of the Kontakt Portable x64.dll plugin
    2. Set these copies for the names: Kontakt 5 .dll , Kontakt 5 8out.dll , Kontakt 5 16out.dll
    3. Assign the 5th contact identifiers to these copies: in the same \ Kontakt6Portable \ Kontakt \ x64 \ VST \ folder open the Settings.ini file and add sections for new dll:
    Settings.ini
    [Kontakt Portable x64.dll]
    PluginId = Ni$D

[Kontakt 5 Portable x64 64out.dl]
    PluginId = NiO5

[Kontakt 5 Portable x64 8out.dll]
    PluginId = NiO6

[Kontakt 5 Portable x64 16out.dll]
    PluginId = NiO7

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. MauroPacc

MauroPacc Newbie

Hey Majestic.....what an appropriate user name.
    Worked perfectly, many thanks!!!!

5. MauroPacc

MauroPacc Newbie

Hey Majestic.....what an appropriate user name.
    Worked perfectly, many thanks!!!!

6. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

anyone knows how to do this from standard 5.8.1 to standard 6.0.3. There is noting called UserData folder in 5.8.1

7. MauroPacc

MauroPacc Newbie

Hey Daskeladden, I may be wrong here (don't claim to be an expert), but in my experience, using the standard version bares no benefits these days with the new way NI forces Service Centre to install a library. Switching to the portable version was the best thing I ever did. I own all the licences for Kontakt and all my libraries, but the "official" support is so bad that I had to resort on using modified software so I could finally stop spending my time sorting issues and actually making music.

Give the portable a try because there are no differences and works better. That's in my experience.

8. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

hi, I have "installed" the no install version of Kontakt 6.0.3 and everything went find. Just one issue it did not import the files libraries in quickload. Any easy way to do this without manually adding all. Here is a screenshot(I have kept the kontakt 5 version):
    [​IMG]