Migrated flps after computer crash now Omnisphere can't load sound sources

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by Marjuna, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Marjuna

Marjuna Newbie

Saved all the flps. (with Omni on them) from FL onto a google drive and donwloaded them on the next computer. Reinstalled FL and Omni and now many of the user patches on those flps. now come with an error that says Cannot load SoundSource "x" in Directory "User" try refreshing index in the browser. There also some duplicate entries for some folders in the browser - even when I deleted them in the file directory, I don't know if that would cause this issue or not.

Things I've tried to fix this
    • Reinstalling Omni
    • Redownloading and installing the user patches
    • deleting zmap in user folder
    • refreshing browser
    • deleting the duplicate entry folders where applicable
    • tampering with folder security settings to make them accessible (I also tried 4 different ways to get off of "Read-only" but it seems like a problem with Windows 11)

I don't think I'm missing any. Some of the user sounds work not all of them.
      Really hurting my ability to produce

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022

Attached Files:

3. DiRG3

DiRG3 Kapellmeister

I actually had a similar issue not too long ago, but running your DAW in Admin privilege and then refreshing the soundsource+patch browser worked for me whereas nothing at all worked before. Otherwise, you pretty much done everything else. Also, keep a copy of omnisphere 2.6 that you can downgrade to if you need to create new zmap.index's, I've heard some comments of people saying versions of Omni past that point don't create their own zmaps as they should and i witnessed this myself with my own copy of 2.8.3d. I hope you get it fixed friend! Omni has to be one of the touchiest instruments to get working 100%. Lol