MIDIguitar 2 ( doubt)

Discussion in 'Software' started by ryck, Aug 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ryck

ryck Guest

Will there be any way to record in a daw with the demo version of midiguitar 2?

Thanks!

3. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

Best Answer
    I don't think so because If I remember there was a time bomb so you can't record sth in just a few seconds.
    install loopbe and then select it as the midi output like pic :

Screenshot (110).png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If the demo doesn't let you do this you should use a vst that has a midi output in the Midiguitar standalone mode (I think don't let any vst to have output port) you can theoretically do this. Maybe you can do this with a vst that generates midi or audio inside itself

some not relevant words

I really wish that a Team would release this piece of diamond. R2R abandoned this strangely although the final-not beta version has released for a long time.
    Also, other teams seem not care about it.

I requested the latest version a while ago:
    Midi Guitar 2.2.1 Final Request

Also, there are old requests here:
    Midi Guitar 2 Request

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. pizzafresser

pizzafresser Producer

You can record midi with it in your DAW using loopbe1, even though it stops recognizing notes like every minute for a few seconds.

5. ryck

ryck Guest

Thank you very much!
    I try to do it that just say. ( Sorry my english is very bad).

I was just looking for that one. Something that will pass the audio data to midi from the application (Standalone)
    i Try using a virtual cable, route it with the outputs of my fast track pro. But I've gone crazy and I can not do it.
    I have also requested this vst. I really like the latest version. I have noticed that you have more sensitivity in recognizing the notes.

6. genophyte

genophyte Producer

i like how all the youtube videos of midiguitar are smooth jazz and bad 2step garage

7. ryck

ryck Guest

I know this does not replace the guitar, and for that it lacks a lot. But it is a great tool to work with synthesizers and other elements. Also, open your mind to new ideas (at least to me)

8. ryck

ryck Guest

Thank u very much!! Loopbe woks perfect. Just do it that i need!.

9. Zikkk

Zikkk Platinum Record

Are you trying to record with the standalone version? There is no way to bypass the time bomb.

We've been waiting for years for a crack, but it seems impossible. Or nobody cares. The licence is too expensive.

I'm still recording with version 1, it is a good tool, but version 2 is perfect.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  10. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

100 bucks ? Price of a one trick pony stompbox.
    It was a no brainer for me. It works great since I access it with my piezo. This way I can choose different mag pickuips and volumes without affecting MIDI response. My piezo on/off switch on the guitar now controls MIDI on/off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. ryck

ryck Guest

what u mean whit "" There is no way to bypass the time bomb"
    Yes im record but via midi output whit loopbe1, then, im put intrument in daw ,and work whit them.

Im agree! Version 1 is good, very good. 2 is perfet! I think is for have a better velocity .
    Regards!

12. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

does the licence of midi guitar 2 allow to run more than 1 instance simultaneously, like 6?
    i have the gk2 roland midi pickup and was wondering if the 6 outputs could be processed independently, with an adapter going into 6 audio inputs on the pc, has anybody tried?

13. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

only one instance as of now.

14. angie

angie Producer

You can do it with live and the vst

15. genophyte

genophyte Producer

oh im all about midiguitar, and plan on getting it this year.

im just noting that one can do seriously amzazing things with it, but go with smooth jazz in youtube videos

16. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

You can load 6 instances but can not edit them individually. They are all linked.

So @metaller which part of my statement don't you agree?
    It almost replaces the Fishman. Gigging with the Fishman? better get a backup, your cost just doubled.
    Blows away any Roland POS i've tried. It's $40 - 50 cheaper than a used GK pickup.

It's already way more than just a MIDI conversion software.
    There are very original effects within the program that mimics the Sustainor / Ebow or completely attack sounds only, very banjo-esque. Trying to combine these two sounds is when I realized all parameters are linked. This part of the technology doesn't require MIDI conversion so latency is virtually non existent.

Their guitar tuner currently shows every string you are playing. You can strum all strings and tune, like several expensive tuners on the market.

I have no doubt they will achieve, if not string separation, at least note separation without any cumbersome GK pickup.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

sorry to ask again... i could run 6 vsts but cannot set different audio inputs for each of them? whats the use?

18. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

@panaman The program is not done. They have some major upgrades coming soon via email from the developer.

I know you want string separation but note separation means.
    Different MIDI channel per note:
    - Lowest note gets the bass sound with bass processing,
    - the highest note always gets a nice solo synth sound drenched in reverb,
    - the middle notes are always brass patch
    etc.

19. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

I know it may be best in this price but 100$ is high yet for some people. Lots of people don't have any stomp box!
    Have you tried ghost piezo pickups with hexpandear preamps? I think it gets 400$ just for these 2 pieces of hardware.
    The cheapest hardware I have seen are jamstick and you rock guitar

20. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

A $100 option when it was close to $1000 for a Roland POS just a few years ago. If poverty is your only argument it ain't much of one.

No, haven't tried the Ghost system. I could never afford the Axiom or anything else either.
    Polyphonic MIDI from a mono source......minimal latency...... using any guitar.
    It is truly mind blowing technology.

I recommend every guitar player save their money. In the mean time, I'm gonna fire up a nice Kontakt 5 string bass, set the pitchbend to 2 semitones , so all my vibrato and stringbends get converted nicely to MIDI.
    Random pitch is the key to realism. Horn lines, solo violin, etc

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2017
  21. ryck

ryck Guest

I do it whit standalone ( trial version). Just like say metaller user.
    In midiguitar 2 standalone version in output midi im put loopbe1 ,then, in the your daw, create a midi track and select loopbe1 like IN . When you play in guitarmidi you listen in track midi that you play and record. Sorry my bad english. Maybe Metaller can explain better than me.
    Regards!