Midi working fine but audio tracks dropout constantly

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by StanFun, Dec 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. StanFun

StanFun Newbie

Recently my studio one having this weird issue where i have some project files with some midi sequences and some vocal tracks. Everything looks good, no cpu overload, planty of ram and midi sequences track is working smoothly but only the vocal tracks (wav file) is dropping out constantly. When doing recording also having this freezing issue when wanna stop or start recording. I know many will think is the latency issue, and ask to increase buffer size, optimize windows etc. But this is not usual dropout issue coz midi is making sound but vocal tracks that is dropping out. Anyone wanna try help solve my problem?

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Windows 10: How to set-up and optimize a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)
    https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/...and-optimize-a-Digital-Audio-Workstation-DAW-

LatencyMon- https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon "LatencyMon checks if a system running Windows is suitable for processing real-time audio and other tasks. LatencyMon analyzes the possible causes of buffer underruns"

WhySoSlow - https://www.resplendence.com/whysoslow - "Instead of focusing on a limited set of possible factors that may slow down your computer, this software takes a holistic approach to analyzing the responsiveness and performance of a system. It's intended as a one-stop solution for checking all perfomance health factors of a system."

• Energy saving
        Any energy saving option should be deactivated in favor of continuous operation.
        Open Control Panel ▸ Power Options ▸ Create a power plan ▸ High Performance and set the computer sleep time to ‘Never’.
        Once set-up, go to Change plan settings ▸ Change advanced power settings ▸ USB settings and disable the ‘USB selective suspend settings’.
      • Uninstall unused applications and plug-ins.
      • Remove or disable unused components (WIFI, webcams, printers etc.).
      • Minimize background tasks as much as possible. This also includes online storage solutions as Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, etc. They often are not considered, even though constant synchronization can stress the system significantly. Even if you do not experience performance difficulties, it is advisable to pause cloud services at least while recording.
      • Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) - long-term audio recording tests have shown audio glitches every few hours on some systems if the 'Link Power Management' option in the RST control panel ▸ Performance is enabled. Disable it if similar issues appear and the software is used.
      • Try a ‘clean boot’ without all the additional services and auto start programs to troubleshoot issues.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021