MIDI Keyboard VST

Discussion in 'PC' started by clipper, Jul 5, 2021.

1. casesmear

casesmear Member

Wouldn't this create a MIDI-feedback loop? It's like you want to record and playback at the same time on the same midi-channel.
    If u want to record the midi-actions from your (any) VST-keyboard you will have to capture the midi on a seperate miditrack.

Here's an example in Ableton: I launch Battery (on Track 1) and I use my mouse to jam/press on the pads. It will playback the sounds, but the midi won't be recorded. So i create a 2nd midi-track to capture the midi-actions from the Battery track. (make sure to set the 'MIDI from' switches to the Battery track). Now I arm the 2nd track, and my mouse jam on the Battery-pads will be recorded to Midi on the 2nd track.

Capture midi.JPG

2. clipper

clipper Producer

Hi there again!
    Sorry to have not answered all your comments giving hints on how to do this but I got the second dose of the vaccine (Pfizer, if anyone wants to know...) and I got a strong reaction. Besides, I got lumbago so I could not even sit down on a chair.

I've tried Bome's, Hermann Seib's GMkbd, VSTHost and SAVIHost, VMPK, Kontakt's keyboard and PIZ's midi keyboard but none worked for me as I expected (or I could not make them work).

I found eventually that routing this one in a track from another one where it's actually held https://www.kvraudio.com/product/virtualkeyboard-by-4drx worked exactly how I wanted in Bitwig Studio, which is the DAW I am in.

I am truly grateful for all your help and suggestions on how to get the DAW to record that MIDI data.
    You're all great!
    Thanks a trillion!

3. The ABC

The ABC Member

Did you see Fanan team's MidiMotor on KVR? a Motorized MIDI Controller VSTi for Windows. looks interesting.

4. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

that is what many VSTi with keyboards do, so you could abuse a cpu-light instrument for that.

where you can route it of course always depends on the host program.

5. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

"old" as in 1999? :)