Midi Keyboard like Virus Ti Polar

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by VSKZ, Dec 10, 2021.

1. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

Hi,
    I got a Virus Ti, Komplete Kontrol 61 and an Akai MPK249. Now I'm searching for a midi keyboard with 4 octaves and the feeling from the virus. I also don't care about extra faders or knobs. Maybe play, record and stop, and it would be awesome if it just needed USB like the AKAI.

Any recommendations?

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Impact GX49 & GX61 https://nektartech.com/impact-gx49-61/

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  4. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Seems great solutions, but I can't see aftertouch. Do they have it?

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Nektar Impact GX 61 (109 €) There is no aftertouch in this price range. The Nektar Impact GXP61 (229 €) has Aftertouch.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

I use an NI S49 and like it a lot. But it does not feel like the virus at all, and I would wonder why I was buying one if I already had a bigger midi controller. I am having a hard time coming up with a solution for the "plays like a virus, 49 key, and doesn't do anything else" model. :dunno:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Maybe my Google Translator doesn't translate that correctly. @VSKZ want something that feels like a virus?
    I don't understand, does he mean the keyboard or the looks? How does a virus TI feel?

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

oh I'm sure he means the play feeling of the virus ti KB keybed, because the only other thing on it he wants is a start and stop button and no sounds :yes: what's left? you can easily add any additional latency you might want to complete the effect.

9. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

Yeah, I mean the keybed. And this is the most important feature. If it has a great keybed and faders/knobs, it's also ok. The Feeling of the Virus TI Keys is just so smooth and soft, like butter. On other keyboards, the keys are often stiff, or they are too much like a real piano.

10. MarkSlater

MarkSlater Producer

Maybe you should try the Arturia keyboards. They feel so good to your fingers. Soft and playful. I am tempted to buy one, just for fun. I use an AKAI Advance 49 and also have a few keyboard synths. But Arturia seem to be like on another level of fun. :disco:

11. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

1.) Alesis Q49 MKII - 49-key USB (4 Octaves) (€79)
    MIDI keyboard controller with velocity-sensitive synth-action keys in standard size and music production software.
    www.alesis.com/products/view2/q49-mkii and/www.thomann.de/de/alesis_q49_mk2.htm

Alesis Q49 MK2 The Q49 MK2 is a simple four octave keyboard with velocity sensitive full-size keys, pitch and modulation wheel and MIDI-addressable transport and navigation keys. At just 2.1 kg, the controller is quite a lightweight. In addition, it is very easy to grip when maneuvering, as there are large hollows on the underside that hold your fingers. Reaching the keys provides a reasonably priced feel: The keys have a travel of approx. 12 mm and the fingers sink accordingly deep into the key bed. The end stop is quite soft, so that playing "soft" sounds such as pads, electric pianos and strings is a bit more convincing than piano, mallets or clavinet sounds, for example. www.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansicht/alesis-q49-mk2-und-qmini-test/2.html

2.) Nektar SE49 (€ 69) (4 Octaves) 49 velocity-sensitive keys, 7 switchable velocity curves
    https://nektartech.com/se49-se61-midi-controller-keyboard/ and www.thomann.de/de/nektar_se49.htm