Midi keyboard crashing my pc

Discussion in 'PC' started by stoiximan, Oct 11, 2016.

1. stoiximan

stoiximan Platinum Record

Hello people.I have windows 10 and an m-audio oxygen 49 silver.

I am sure the keyboard is crashing my pc.This did not happen when i was using windows 7,only from windows 8 and above.The keyboard is plug and play as far as i know i did not have to install a driver.What can i do to fix this because at the time i cant buy a new one?

3. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

What's happening while crashing?
    Install the new drivers and be sure it's not about the drivers. Because they usually make new drivers for new OS's.
    http://www.m-audio.com/support/drivers

4. stoiximan

There is no drivers for my keyboard , i am sure of that.Its plug and play.Anyway i found a way to use it.I just plug it in and when i am done i plug it out.It seems that if i dont plug it out and close my pc,the next time i open it it gives my trouble.Any other advice would be nice though

5. foster911

foster911 Guest

6. stoiximan

You would not beliave what i found people.This may save a lot of you having problems on windows.It seems that the windows menu for shutting down is broken or infected i really dont know and if you use it to shut the pc down it may seem that it did but its not doing what is supposed to do.So i have downloaded this little thing http://www.bandisoft.com/shutdown8/ and have no problems now.Besides the midi keyboard i had blue screen errors and my disk going to sleep on its own.Its been 2 days now,so far so good.I hope iy will stay this way because i have had problems for a very long time and spend a lot of money on new disk memory and shit that as it turns out i did not need

7. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I have had a wifi usb adapter BSOD my computer.Only when it started dropping the internet out every two minutes and i replaced it i solved my problem and i would not have known it was the wifi adapter BSODing my pc.
    Happened a few days ago.
    Crazy.

8. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Although the Oxygen can run class compliant, there are dedicated drivers for it,
    http://www.m-audio.com/support/drivers

9. stoiximan

It has only the Enigma XML.zip.I already have that but thats no driver friend

10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Simply revert to Windows 7 or 8. No problems. Windows 10 has been discussed a lot and it's problematic with some hardware. It is better to stay away from it for the time being if you want to make music without any problems. I think there is enough problems with 7 and 8 as it is. :wink:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  11. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

HaHa, I didn't see this when I posted. Stick with this solution if it works. If not go back to Windows 7. Windows 10 is:suicide:

12. stoiximan

I have ubuntu on my other disk,i mostly use windows for gaming.Anyway thanks people,i have always found help in this forum.See you around