MIDI Files

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Vaijj, May 3, 2016.

1. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

I got this project that i got from a friend. When importing, droping the midi files into a newly created project they dont play or even get improted into it. This i can also see on other midifles i tried to use for drums etc. They dont even play in a mediaplayer etc. Normaly i can play and import midi witout any problems.

So my question is are they just corupted in some way or are tehre diffrent formats on a .mid file? I even now tried do frab a few of thoose terrible premade from a few developers.. and for example DN Loops har one that has the same problem.

It doesnt matter what DAW i use, thoose files are just dead..

Any ideas or anyone knows why i is like this?

Hug Each other..
    Vaijj

3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Have you tried renaming the .mid to .midi?
    If you're on windows make sure you're showing file extensions and then rename.
    Also, try simply dragging the file into the step sequencer.

4. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Yeah.. on windows.. and always have extensions shown.. drag and drop i already tried as i wrote but i will try remame the files to midi as you suggested.. thanks for your input here.. kind of frustrating :(

5. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

A notation software may help. I suggest Musescore. You can drag n drop midi files into it and I hope you can see the notes if they're not totally broken. Then you can save them again as .mid files.

6. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Try importing the midi file via drop down menu --> import *.mid file, instead of dragging directly into the browser, and see if that works.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the issue, but also be aware of midi types 0 and 1. 0 = all channels merged to one; 1 = all channels assigned to individual tracks.

7. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Yeah.. ive done most of what you say.. and thanks to Spidervis its now clear that they all seem to be broken.. very wierd to release stuff that aint working. Was first thinking that maybe something got broken while My friend rared them up.. They are tehre but theres nothing in them.. just empty..

Thanks again all..
    Vaijj