Midi Fighter Twister and Bitwig Studio 5

Discussion in 'BitWig' started by StormChaser, Jan 13, 2024.

1. StormChaser

StormChaser Producer

Hi

Does anyone have and use a DJ Tech Tools Midi Fighter Twister with Bitwig Studio?

I have just purchased one today thinking I would simply just plug it in and add the controller in the settings and I would be away. However this doesnt seem to be the case. When I map anything to any of the encoders it's very hit and miss if it actualy moves the mapped control, the same goes for when using the encoder button, sometimes it responds to the mapped control and other it does nothing.
    Also at times when I move an encoder the plugin disappears from the screen.

Am I missing something here or not done something correctly?

I literally just added a generic controller in Bitwig and selected Midi Fighter Twister as the port and left all the other settings as default.

I would appreciate any nudge in the right direction.

Thanks

3. kola

kola Member

4. StormChaser

StormChaser Producer

5. StormChaser

StormChaser Producer

So I have given it a try but it still doesn't do what I want it to do.

Sure someone has mapped some encoders to control tracks and volumes etc but I already have a motorized control surface for doing that.

All I wanted to use this for is for me to select a parameter in a VST plugin and twist an encoder and then map that control to it. I can see that this extension has a USER mode, but even when selecting this in say my VPS Avenger plugin and then mapping Macro 1 or Macro 2 to encoders it only works some of the time but mostly not at all.

I am not that technical with midi but I thought this device would just simply map its encoders to any control or button in a plugin, and I don't get why Bitwig would act differently to other DAWs and need special extensions to be created for it to work when its just midi CC.

I must be missing something here.