midi expresion pedal

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by bassmandro, Mar 5, 2012.

1. bassmandro

bassmandro Newbie

I have a Sonuus B2M in which I plug my bass and get midi signal out. So now that I'm "midified" I was looking for some pedal controller to change synth parameters(as I'm playing with both hands the use of my old UC-16 is difficult). But here's the problem: after looking around it seems that there are no such pedals. All available pedal use a 1/4 jack and must be plugged into some sort of hardware synth or into something like this http://www.midisolutions.com/prodped.htm so things start to become quite pricy. Does anyone know other solutions?

3. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller with Two Expression Pedals $142.99 at Amazon

I just typed MIDI expression pedals into google and found many responses.

Just Google it!

4. bassmandro

bassmandro Newbie

Hi Burnistar, Thanks for the advice, I found the Behringer product too, but what I was wondering is that there are a lot of controllers in different shapes (rotary knobs, slider, buttons, even movement) but nothing with an array of pedals to control different control change parameter, not even a simple expression with standard midi out.
    I think I will go for the Behringer... but if someone knows other product to suggest...

5. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

I think that the Behringer unit should be programmable to assign different cc numbers to the pedals.

There were many options when I googled MIDI expression pedals, good luck and I hope you find something perfectly suited for your needs.

6. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Checked out the Behringer, reviews are mixed looked like there were some problems with the hardware and it actually needs to be rechipped... Line 6 makes a few really nice midi foot controllers which are cool because they have integrated software which allows you to program which CC is assigned to each pedal and has a quarter inch input for other pedal... Check those ones out

7. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FBVSB2

8. bassmandro

bassmandro Newbie

Integrated software to program cc is interesting, I've read bad reviews about the Behrnger, but "you get what you pay for".
    Anyway I thought there would be more choice to control CC with foots.
    maybe I should try with fingers http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/hothand/midi_exp.php
    seems out of stock due to popular demand
    $$$ there is a market for ControlChange controller used in unusual way $$$