midi controller not working correctly after upgrading to catalina

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by chestbox, Feb 1, 2022.

1. chestbox

chestbox Noisemaker

recently upgraded from high sierra to catalina. i figured most issues and solutions would be known by now and/or needed updates would have been made.

but it looks like i have an issue with my midi controller/it’s driver? I have the nektar impact lx49 & everytime i open ableton (10.1 R2R), i get error:

1.png

initially in the input tab, my controller appeared greyed out, so i could not select it, and therefore there was no port to activate.

i followed the suggestions by ableton mentioned here and created a new configuration in Audio Midi Setup. after, regardless of what configuration is selected somehow, ableton allows me to select my controller from the input drop down menu and turn on track input for the port (shown as off in screenshot) by now ableton receives midi. but every time i restart ableton, i get the same error message and always have to change this in settings.

i’m not sure wtf is wrong, if it’s a catalina issue (saw several people had this issue with multiple controllers), if it’s an ableton issue (i tested this in reaper also, and after creating new configuration mentioned above, reaper does receive midi), or if it’s an issue with the drivers/the manufacturer (found this to be the most common solution - to remove and reinstall drivers, but my controller is class compliant, so no drivers are available).any solution, or pointer as to in what to direction to continue looking would be highly appreciated.

Attached Files:

• 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      24.9 KB
      Views: