MIDI: "Conform To Musical Scale" Feature Within Pro Tools?

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by RonnieSpectrum, May 27, 2022.

1. RonnieSpectrum

RonnieSpectrum Noisemaker

I have a question about MIDI manipulation in Pro Tools. There is a feature in Ableton that allows you to conform MIDI notes to specific musical scales. This is such a powerful feature! I'm working on a project where this tool is essential. All other aspects of the project are do-able in Pro Tools, yet I am looking for this similar "conform to scale" MIDI feature in Pro Tools, so that I don't have to switch between the two DAWs constantly.

So, here's my question: is there a 'conform to scale' feature in Pro Tools similar to what is availalbe in Ableton? To be clear, I am not looking for the keyboard shortcut feature that allows you to stack chord tones with MIDI in Pro Tools. Instead, I am looking for a conform feature that will instantly shift all MIDI data on the piano roll to the closest note within a specified musical scale, or just discard any note in the piano roll that is not part of a specified music scale.

Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated. The solution could be somewhere within the Pro Tools DAW, or as an alternative, if anybody knows of a Pro Tools compatible plugin that would assist in getting the job done, I would be inifinitely appreciative. Thanks in advance and happy music making!