MIDI channel routing from the Grid to separate channels

Discussion in 'BitWig' started by Will Kweks, May 7, 2024.

1. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

Ok, I'm a complete newbie, so this is down to my inexperience I'm sure, I'm not ragging on BWS here.

I'm trying to do a simple thing first, so I'm trying to do a simple MIDI signal splitter. So I'm getting the input pitch, use a pitch selector to choose the split point (I've some gripes here, but lets leave my whining out).

So far so good, the grid device seems to be working OK:

[​IMG]

So it's doing the MIDI split based on a MIDI note here.

But I can't figure out how to receive the MIDI signal on two separate instrument instances, I've got two channels set up like this:

[​IMG]

On different channels (Channel MIDI Split is the name of the device). The record arm is switched on on the track that's set to "All inputs", that works. But this doesn't seem to work on the further channels.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

3. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

Ah, I think I figured it out!

If anyone needs this, this is my solution: added a "Note Receiver" set the note source to be the splitter and then follow it up with a "Channel Filter", add both before the instrument.

Works great, though I'd prefer a simpler approach, but this is more than workable for me. Turned out to be simpler than my Ableton/Max solution as well.

I'll take it from here.