Microkorg Xl to mixer - Help appreciated

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by hooch, Nov 2, 2013.

1. hooch

hooch Newbie

Hi guys, thank you for the help i received the last time

I have it just about sorted, but need help on the following please

I an trying to get sound out of my microkorg xl to come out of the speakers, i've tried the cables all ways, can you tell me which cables go where on the mixer to the microkorg?

It'll probably me something simple i'm overlooking? - Hopefully? lol

many thanks in advance guys *yes*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. clem

clem Member

Not sure what brand or model mixer that is but they are all about the same. Take the L/R audio outputs of the MK and jack them into 2 line inputs of the mixer. If you are using 2 mono mixer channels be sure to pan them hard left and right.

4. hooch

hooch Newbie

Thanks clem, all working spot on my friend!!! :wink:

5. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

Clem is completely correct but just wanted to add that you should also make sure your mixer has whatever tracks you're using routed to the main output.

Depending on which cables you use. You could go a " 1/4 inch trs to rca pair" cable from the headphone jack on the korg to the "11-12" input on the mixer.

Or, you could use two separate "1/4 inch mono to 1/4 inch mono" cables to go from Output L-R on the korg to the inputs "7-8" on your mixer.

But what we don't know is what kind of mixer that is? If it has busses, then you need to make sure you don't have your input from the korg routed to a bus. You need to make sure your inputs are routed to the master output, or whichever speaker outputs you are using. Example: If you use the rca cable inputs "11-12." Then you need to make sure inputs "11-12" are routed to the main ouptut (or whichever jacks your speakers are connected to).

But ideally if you are connecting this to your computer, it seems both your devices have usb. Seems it would be better to hook them both up separately to the pc with usb.

6. hooch

hooch Newbie

Hi tater - the mixer is this one my friend

http://tascam.com/product/m-164uf/