Metering software with multiple overlays like in Fabfilter Pro C

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hans242, May 11, 2015.

1. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Hallo, as the topic already says, I'm in search of a metering software that can have multiple inputs and overlay the output graphically like in Fabfilter Pro-C. Let me explain.
    Let's say I have a compressor on a slot in my daw. I would really like to see the peaks overlayed before and after The compression. In order to have that, there must be an input instance inserted before and one after The compressor routed to one GUI. Is there a good software that can do this? I heard of iZotope that can do this.

3. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Why do not use Voxego SPAN (Free)? The 1st instance before the Comp and the 2nd one after... it's easy.
    You could try DDMF IIEQPro... it allows Multitrack editing in one user interface

4. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Thank you for the reply. But with Span (or any other analyzer) one before and one instance after the compressor I would still have two interfaces i.e. GUIs. As I already said, I would like to have the two or more curves overlayed in just one interface. Like in Fabfilter Pro-C. You know what I mean?

5. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

@Hans242

I own Pro-C so I think the staff you want it's hard to find (anyway Google it)... and, I bet, it is expensive more than FabFilter Pro-C. Let me explain: the stuff you need have to act like a shell, where the Comp is the pearl. The shell have to:

1) intercept the audio flow before the Comp
    2) transfer the audio flow to the Comp (like it was, no attenuation and/or distortion)
    3) process both audio flow (un-compressed and compressed)
    4) display the audio flow before and after the compression

every phase must be processed in real-time, of course.

6. noise.maker

noise.maker Platinum Record

Your wish will be satisfied with Melda Multi Analyser. :wink: BTW, never like the iZotope metering.

7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Voxengo SPAN Plus has multi-analyzer. 4 seperate spectrum graphs that are overlayed.
    http://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-use-voxengos-span-part-1--cms-20778
    [​IMG]

If not, go with noise.maker's tip on Melda Production MmultiAnalyzer:
    http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/product.php?id=MMultiAnalyzer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za7cbeKJUoY

8. Pitch_Mod

Pitch_Mod Newbie

Span Plus would do the job, and so would the MeldaProduction analyzer mentioned. I'll add Blue Cat FreqAnalyst Multi. There is a free version, but, like non-plus Voxengo Span, it doesn't allow you to route multiple signals. In my opinion, the Blue Cat software is the easiest to use of the three, and the CPU usage is extremely low.

One more to look at, although it doesn't overlay signals as far as I know, is DMG Dualism. It's designed specifically for comparing two signals, and it includes many types of analysis in one plugin, including an oscilloscope. For the task you have in mind, you'd just route each signal to one of its two analysis windows, and they'd be side by side.

9. P O P

P O P Kapellmeister

Let's try Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi!! :wink:
    You can have 16 seperate spectrum graphs…
    [url="http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_FreqAnalystMulti] link[/url]
    :break:

10. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Ok, thank you for your valuable suggestions. I will test Span Plus, MAnalyzer and Blue Cat's Frequanalysts and see if one of them can provide what I'm looking for. I will come back with my findings and conclusions. If in the meantime anyone has another interesting suggestion then don't hesitate to post it here.

11. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Interesting, I tried ozone's meter tap and was not impressed at all, I might give one of these a try also,
    using plug-ins like this could in theory tell is a lot, but its just not quite nailed in my opinion

12. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Ok, guys. I just wanted to say that I am going with Meldaproduction's MMultiAnalyzer. This is really a great way to view the frequency content. IMHO the best analyzer of all at least for me and my workflow.
    Thank you so much for all your suggestions and opinions. Audiosex is really the best! :)

13. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

MMultiAnalizer is the best.

14. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Hey guys, anyone here heard of Audiofile Engineering Spectre? Wooow, that is a beast!! It's not a plugin exactly but a standalone analyzer. But you can send every instance of any plugin from Logic to it through the AUNetSend plugin found under AudioUnits->Apple in Logic. This is also a great way to multi-analyze!!

15. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

16. virusg

virusg Rock Star

u looking for this ?

[​IMG]