MetaSynth coming for Windows? You can help make it happen.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Djord Emer, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

So,

I've been wanting to write this thread for quite a while, I just haven't found time till now...

For those who don't know it, MetaSynth (https://uisoftware.com/metasynth/) is a godlike, almighty, powerful spectral playground used by many famous and not so famous artists, from electronic to orchestral. It's a standalone software available exclusively for MacOS and capable of many unique things (you can find out more about it in this video)

A couple months ago I got in touch with a Uisoftware (company that owns and develops MetaSynth) developer to ask for a Windows port. Here's a quick snippet of part of our interaction:

upload_2022-10-23_1-57-18.png

Naturally I was a bit excited by the replies, eventually I found a useful form made by the company: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2MFC26J

That being said, I encourage anyone interested in a Windows port to fill out this form (took me like 1 or 2 minutes)!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  3. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

If one is willing to fund the project in order to port to Windows....

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

a windows port would be really cool. The question is, does this potentially make their market cap bigger? So are windows people up to open the pockets to buy it? Or just to wait for something patched?

I am not entirely sure if i would be up to open my pocket.

EDIT: not with the current situation of increasing prices. And im sure Metasynth wont be a cheap buy jugding from the mac prices.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  5. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

Well... that's exactly what the form is for. That's why I posted it.

Again, that's what the form is for, if you're not interested in funding it you can just answer "no" to that question. The important thing is to let them aware that there's still people interested in it, I'm sure am.

6. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Actually there was no first time that funding was the sole reason for the survey by you so I stated that as others also not interested wouldn't waste the energy in visiting the page. If interest for porting to Windows was the prime concern then I would imagine that to be the first question and not the last. Just sayin'. It is a badly implemented questionair.