Metalcore / Electronicore/ Djent Beginner Question

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by opticalmann, Jan 5, 2023.

1. opticalmann

opticalmann Newbie

First off what's up with everyone!? Happy New Year.

I have been a member of Audio for a long time, and I really enjoy the community. Everything on here is legit fire so I want to put a shout out to everyone that takes time to make this place amazing.
    PS. Would be cool if they took donations.

I have been producing for the past 3 years with a passion of all genres. However, I really love Progressive Metal/ Djent/ Metalcore / Ect. I unfortunately do not have the talent to play a real guitar at the level I would like. I do have a friend who plays. I have some questions for those of you who may know.

1) I notice that this genre for some odd reason lacks real community / plugin / sample support. I know it's there for some but it's just not as popular. Where can I find community wise or if here, a place to really learn what others are using? or their experiences in the genre?

2) Any recommendations on learning how to build a song from scratch in this genre using only VST's?

3) Best plugins for people that want to get into this genre with all VST's?

I appreciate all of you heavily.

WITHIN THE RUINS FOREVER BB!

3. jarredou

jarredou Producer

Some good virtual guitars for metal(core) :
    Ample Sound Metal Hellrazer
    Impact Soundworks Shreddage serie
    Wavelet Cabal 8

There's also a free & open source one (I've never tried it): https://github.com/JamesStubbsEng/8ridgelite

4. jarredou

jarredou Producer

5. Ak3mi91

Ak3mi91 Platinum Record

It's might not be exactly what you are looking for, but the only djent-related community that I know is Riffhard. It's a website created by John Browne from Monuments. I believe you get access to their Discord channel as well if you buy a membership (I'm not sure, though).

https://www.riffhard.com/

6. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

those genres are heavily based on guitar obsession, so having VST instrumental to replace core of the music isn't something to find,
    if you're just starting, then perhaps check UJAM Virtual Guitarist series would give you decent guitar sequences/patterns,
    guitars and amp sims is another thingy, Neural DSP plugins are quite popular recently for prog/djent stuff
    :chilling:

7. jarredou

jarredou Producer

And it is managed by URM Academy guys. So yeah, membership should open access to the lessons on their website and some private groups on facebook and discord where you can exchange easily with their team, other members and may some famous guests.