MetaGrid Pro….does anybody here use it? Worth it?

Discussion in 'Mobile' started by Bunford, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I’ve just noticed the Metagrid Pro app for the iPad and it looks very interesting to help speed up the workflow, without the awkwardness of trying to set up likes of Lemur or TouchOSC.

It’d be good to know if anyone else uses it and how you find it :wink:

3. PifPafPif

PifPafPif Rock Star

With only 7 reviews on store ... almost no one tested it. And even less here :wink:
    And the previous one : 3.7 rating 21 Ratings for 30 bucks ... no way i will ever give this developer any money.

Lemur is NOT updated for years ... and still selling at 25 bucks. A joke.

Only TouchOSC seems serious with updates every 1/2 months and 5 bucks only.
    4.4 rating

That's all i need to know to avoid them all, apart TouchOSC ... if i really need it :wink:
    NEVER give money to lame developers.

4. odod

odod Rock Star

I own it and touchOSC too and the newest KRAKEN, I think it depends how deep your workflow is. the only downside for me is to connect with the wifi, always failed most of the time .. the features are OK I guess.

5. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Not sure where you’re getting this from?! In my App Store, it shows the original Metagrid as 4.9/5 rating (from 11 reviews) and latest with 5/5 (from 1 review). It also shows original one is up to v1.8.0, having been regularly updated for 4+ years, with the latest being only 4 weeks ago, and often updated every few weeks instead of every 1 or 2 months, which you seem to praise TouchOSC for. Just a tad confused by your post. Not sure you’ve looked at the correct app?!?!

It also shows latest was released about 5 months ago, and been regularly updated up to the latest 1.0.6 version released about 4 weeks ago. Seems to be a developer that does regularly update the apps, which the version history evidences, so not sure what you’re alluding to?!

Also, I take reviews generally with a huge chunky grain of salt anyway, as human nature is to complain when done wrong, so the entire premise review systems are based upon always naturally bring out complainant voices and very rarely do people review things when entirely happy with the product/service. So, for something as niche as this, I’m not surprised by the low number of reviews, and the low number of complainants for a premium priced app, indicates to me that it’s probably pretty good then when thinking about it in this way?!

6. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I can’t seem to see Kraken in my App Store (UK)?! I think I’m mostly intrigued by being able to configure shortcuts onto a touch screen, and I can envisage how that should speed up my workflow. Can’t yo7 also connect it via USB (useful to also charge iPad while in use if possible), or is it only WiFi?

7. THaTGuY

THaTGuY Newbie

I cannot find Kraken either? Any Links?

Also the dev from Lemur has stopped development and it will be pulled from the stores soon.