mercuriall cab 3 similar software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by pelao, Oct 20, 2017.

1. pelao

pelao Kapellmeister

hello guys i'm searching for similar software like marcuriall cab 3 or the cab section of amplitube 4 because is more easy deal with the impulses. thanks

3. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

4. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

6. pelao

pelao Kapellmeister

i mean, i want a software like mercuriall cab 3 but not for the sound quality, i just want easy handling like the amplitube 4 cab section where you can move the mics and change the speakers, something like that

7. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

THOSE ARE ALL YOUR OPTIONS
    OUT OF ALL OF THEM, I PREFER AMPLITUBE 4 YOU CAN CHANGE CABS SPEAKERS AND MICS INDEPENDANTLY AND THEY HAVE SOME NON-LINEAR MODELING
    (sorry caps haha)

8. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

For a quick a dirty amp sim that's easy to work with I like the BIAS Amp. The IR loader is easy to use, you get one mic to position SM57 or AKGC414, a few cabinet presets. It sounds good enough when you just want to noodle around and already have pedals and tuners on the real floor. Pretty good standalone application, that's resource light. It's even somewhat convincing enough that you sometimes (just for a little while) forget you are playing through software.

If you like the sound Marshall heads and cabs then the Scuffham amps stuff is nice but not as easy or intuitive, and has a much smaller sweet spot, for me at least.

None of them can really beat a real amp in open air, but for computer DAW work and mixing they can sometimes create sounds that mix and blend a little better unless you have a great amp room, with proper treatment, a few hours to dick around with proper placement and cabling and know the difference between driving the head and the cabinet when it comes recording vs just playing a nice head and cabinet.

I don't get it though, if Mercuriall amps and Amplitue are working for you and you like them why are you looking for something else.