Meowsynth legacy

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by unriart, Mar 3, 2023.

1. unriart

unriart Newbie

Yo guys, you remember that one plugin from 2009 meowsynth? I wonder is there a way to run this on M1? Maybe it’s gonna run with rosetta, but I haven’t tried it yet. Maybe you tried that and if so, how is it?

3. Alcide Nikopol

Alcide Nikopol Member

Hi unriart,
    If I am not mistaken, Meowsynth is a 32bit VST (Windows only) synth.
    So I suppose that running it on an M1 is not possible, or at least not so straightforward (I am not a Mac user).
    You can always run it from an (old) PC and then sample, I suppose that is the easiest way to use it sounds on a M1.
    Cheers!

4. unriart

unriart Newbie

that's sad, but thx. cheers

5. Alcide Nikopol

Alcide Nikopol Member

Apparently using a Virtual Machine in VirtualBox, you can run Windows 32 bit on a M1.
    That is probably the closest you are going to get. A quick google gave me for instance https://machow2.com/best-way-run-windows-mac/
    Maybe that can help you out!

6. SirGigantor

SirGigantor Ultrasonic

There's definitely a way to do that, you just have to search around:

https://www.fxpansion.com/products/vst-au-adapter/

That particular one may not work, but there are a variety of other host and bridge applications. Like Plogue Bidule and/or DDMF Metaplugin might also be able to do it.

I know there are other VST to AU wrappers and stuff I've stumbled across. I use Windows, so I've never tried them and am unable to remember the specific names, but they're out there.

It's one of those things where it's worth looking into because once you've solved the problem, then it's solved, and you can use any number of other Windows only VSTs.