Mental well-being (your mindset is as important as your music)

Discussion in 'Education' started by Arlaymusic, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Arlaymusic

Arlaymusic Noisemaker

Sup guys , hope everyone is well and safe . As for me just living another day :) . I wanted to share valuable info that i came across. I know we will all feel “uninspired” at some point in our journeys . I know i’ve had my fair share of moments. And thats just what life throws us to see how we deal with it whether we have the right mindset or “mentality” . I think its something we often forget about within all our music production n social networking or seeking the newest n greatest plugin.. Our mentality, our mindset , our spirit our will & drive to push forward whatever the case might be .. anyways i found some really interesting stuff that helps me whenever im not feeling inspired. its just something to read about and alot of more information that we could all benefit from . Tons of it . I hope you guys read it n take ur time to do so . Its not just for me but for every single one of you who has aspirations to do something with their music ..cuz anyone who’s actually been formally trained or taught how to produce. You know “ mental mindset “ is not always gonna be the first topic everyones gonna jump to .well heres the link if you’d like to know more thx. Wish everyone the best

Cheers,
    A R L A Y

https://www.6amgroup.com/category/inspiration/

https://www.6amgroup.com/pursuing-a-career-in-the-electronic-music-industry-with-a-full-time-job/

https://www.6amgroup.com/why-do-90-of-electronic-music-artists-fail-in-their-journey/

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice Kapellmeister

This Guy :excl: , ....also has some nice advices. 16 minutes well invested.

btw: -he´s as crazy as all of us.:mad:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

"Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work" - Chuck Close

I have this on my desktop.

The whole thing goes like: “The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who'll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you're sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that's almost never the case.”

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

john cale and lou reed - work.

6. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

Currenty running at 100% inspiration and 0% effort. But that's fine, I don't have to create anything right now, it's just a hobby. I don't take it seriously.

I probably need to lower my inspiration level so I'll listen to the top ten chart songs, or maybe read some of Foster's old posts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Coochie Bean Paste

Coochie Bean Paste Kapellmeister

inspiration may come but if you are not at your instrument at that moment it will probably be lost. work and if your songs is shit fix it. do 50 songs and maybe one, if you're lucky, will have been inspired. Rodgers and Hammerstein were able to get 1 out of 20.

check it out at around 8 minutes for Richard Rodger's take on inspiration.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
  8. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Go and take an art class, it's time well spent :wink: