Melodyne 4.2.4 standalone MacOS “Melodyne” can’t be opened?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ted2020, Apr 4, 2020.

1. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Ok so I have a k'd version of Melodyne 4.2.4 for MacOS and am using 10.13.6 quite happily.

Installed Melodyne fine, and copied the k'd components, VST, VST3, and the other standalone files to overwrite in various folders.

Not sure how Melodyne works in terms of plug in, but it seems to open in Ableton Live 10 etc.

I want to open in standalone mode to import audio, change tempo and pitch and export or re-save to use in other DAW's, but my Applications > Melodyne icon, whenever i double click to launch all i get is :

'The application “Melodyne” can’t be opened.' ??

Does anyone know whats happening here, and how i can fix it?

As mentioned i just need to use Melodyne 4 as a standalone editor for import/edit/export files, more so than a plug in, so this standalone version would be very handy right now...

Thank you for any help

3. Whispaz

Whispaz Member

Try this: In terminal type “sudo codesign -fs - ” then drag the app into terminal and press enter.

if you don’t already have the free app Batchmod, download it and reset permissions for the app to octal value 775 (either through one of the drop down menus or the second window that pops up), apply to enclosed as well.

4. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Thank you!!

Never used Batchmod before as thats diving deep into the Mac, and I'm not into all that, but looks like it worked!
    Thank you!

Did i hear that BatchMod can be used for Kontakt installs too? (mine is fine but when reinstalling k'd and k'd libraries, i had months of work!!)

5. Whispaz

Whispaz Member

No problem, glad it worked for you. I’ve also used batchmod on Kontakt without any problems. Not sure if that would have fixed your issue but definitely worth a try if it might save you months of work!