Melodics alternative

Discussion in 'Software' started by demberto, Mar 7, 2020.

1. demberto

demberto Rock Star

I need to learn music theory. I recently bought a MIDI controller, for playing it with Melodics. But its free version has like only 5 mins. limit daily, which honestly sucks. I tried Yousician but it doesn't even detect my MIDI controller. I haven't found any cracks for Melodics yet. YouTube tutorials aren't helping me and I don't want to join any classes. I don't want to be a PRO, but atleast rise up above 4-bar simple melodies and triads. Synthesia is good but its crack doesn't work correctly anymore. Plus it isn't that intuitive.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Stryda22

Stryda22 Member

Personally I started playing bass a year or 10 ago. Tried learning tabs, gave up because "how to fretboard" then 2 years ago I got really into picking it back up.

Started doing the whole "how to bass" tutorials and even ended up watching over 10hrs of them a day for a few months. Learning stuff, but feeling like there was no progress AT ALL.

What I didn't realise is that it was helping subconsciously. As after 5 months my brain would start to make connections to notes/chords/riffs and my fingers almost did all the work for me. Translating from ideas to music almost fluently. Then the more I played (we are talking copious hours and my wife ringing me at 7am in the weekends if I was still gonna come to bed. Completely thinking it was only 2am) I started to feel like playing along and looping just felt useless unless I start writing stuff down. Eventually getting a DAW set up and an audio interface, even a midikeyboard.

Suddenly feeling the keys, everything clicked. It wasnt just my brain sending secret messages to my fingers.. I actually understood the data that was being sent. Melody, harmony.. the whole shebang.

Tl;dr: keep playing at your own pace, search new videos. You don't need Melodics.. to be honest after trying jt for a while I didn't feel it helped in the slightest other than playing "piano hero'

Keep at it brethren with time and practice it will suddenly click. When ever you think you aren't progressing: Look up a new concept. And trust me.. progress is being made every note you play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

That's interesting. Years ago I tried to look for the same kind of software (cr*acked). I found nothing besides Synthesia.
    And the closest were very old applications. It's surprising considering a MIDI keyboard gives plenty of opportunities for learning software.

5. demberto

demberto Rock Star

@Stryda22 I guess you made it to the 10,000-hours-practics-to-be-perfect rule. Without music theory I guess, I keep hitting roadblocks. And once I get stuck, the whole fucking melody and drop just disappears from my mind. What I end up with are basic triad chords and a shitty melody, nothing more than 4 bars.
    Please R2R/VR/God if you are reading this, crack Melodics.

6. Stryves

Stryves Platinum Record

I use Synthesia for the kids, I've customized a ton of midi's so that they can learn how to play their favorite tv show songs. Plus they can do the different instruments. 2 years + they use it a ton, great investment for them.

7. senuto

senuto Member

learn natural minor and major scale. this should solve your problems
    2-1-2-2-1-2-2 minor
    2-2-1-2-2-2-1 major

edit: "circle of fifths" should be helpful too

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  8. Stryves

Stryves Platinum Record

@Stryda22, The Eureka Moment. Analyzing from all angles, and then figuring out how they work together.

9. demberto

demberto Rock Star

@senuto i know that. I am looking for a way to practice and learn that. Just remembering it would be like studying one day before exam...

10. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

You will need to prepare to do a little bit of prep & memorization to begin your foundation. Normally, high school theory class is a great start because you have to do exercises and writing with pencil - which absolutely helps put you on the right track.

11. demberto

demberto Rock Star

@bluerover That's the truth unfortunately, nothing beats classroom lectures. I will look at my options...