Melodic Techno Track Feedback

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Sam Dile, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Sam Dile

Sam Dile Noisemaker

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  3. J-Dawg

J-Dawg Newbie

Bro, asking for feedback especially on something subjective like music is never a good idea. The only feedback that is valid is if someone you don't know pays money for it, or uses it in DJ set etc

To me the kick and hats sound like they sitting on top of the mix almost separate the the tune. Production is fine, musically it's competent, you're not exactly reinventing anything here and there's nothing clever or anything happening that everyone hasn't heard before a million times. if you made this back in 2004, someone probably would of released it and paid you the handsome sum of $1000 for the privilege before it was quickly forgotten.

Why would you change anything anyway? If you like it, and it gets you high when you listen to it. Job done.

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Right, let's remove the whole Our Music sub-forum. :facepalm:

There's always something you could do differently (level the kick more at the beginning, use a bit different snare sound (less noisy) and make it a bit louder or add a stereo reverb, don't remove it again (so quickly), maybe add more colour to the kick from 4:04 on, ...) but if you like it this way, all is good.
    Nice one.

5. 9ty

9ty Kapellmeister

I like this one, too. I don't know about the snare in the second drop (around min 4:00) ... it is a bit all over the place. To me the track would benefit from some "off grid" percussions or maybe ride or subtle breakbeat. I guess it is a stylistic choice, there are melodic elements playing this role in here and the track is already full, I'd be careful adding more stuff. Perhaps it would help if some of the delay times are not perfectly in sync with daw tempo. Good job

6. lxfsn

lxfsn Platinum Record

At this level you don't need feedback. Pitch your music to labels and djs and meanwhile make more. You want to show it to the forum? Fine, just show it, but not for feedback (check Joachim Pasteur, he's doing live sterams again and gives occasional feedbak. only that level of feedback would be useful to yu). Trust yourself. You're doing fine and you'll get even better. Is all good!

7. virusg

virusg Rock Star

I feel that there must me more to it, you have the groove but its missing some elements, those that gets you to main riff, where are they? I only hear the bass moving around, it has its potential but I need more from it, if you are pointing to JOOF label then you must add other elements to this track

8. Coochie Bean Paste

Coochie Bean Paste Kapellmeister

Wadda Kick! powerful sounding stuff!

9. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

Great track, it works!

10. reticular

reticular Kapellmeister

Comment on the SC might be something you might consider and maybe play with it, just experiment, other than that is sounds very good. I would make more if i were you. You might have this production thing in your grips!!