[Melodic Techno] Heartless (Original Mix)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by mikemikeass, Aug 14, 2015.

1. mikemikeass

mikemikeass Noisemaker

I hope it sounds techno enough. Any comment is welcome! Thanks for your listening

3. Loop Threat

Loop Threat Ultrasonic

For me the dynamics are shot...I love the sounds and the arrangement...nothing wrong there...it's otherwise a fantastic track.

4. mikemikeass

mikemikeass Noisemaker

thanks Loop for replying 2 two of my tracks! I don't know how to get more listeners, really appreciate your listening

5. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

duude this sounds really nice. Loop Threat is right though, the dynamics are messed up. And it's hard to tell because this is MEANT to sound like a distorted techno track with a cold, foggy, melodic sound but it's been treated and distorted the wrong way...

This whole track sounds great man, I'm loving the sound and the unique atmosphere, very label worthy. The mix sounds completely fine, but the mastering and preparation for mastering has been done the wrong way and has completely ruined the fidelity of the sound.

You need to re-render this with a better, more dynamic master and it needs to be leveled properly...

But well done on the composition man :)

6. mikemikeass

mikemikeass Noisemaker

your opinion is extremely useful! I think I distorted the melody part, it may be caused a wrong setting of the synth or turning the gain too high. I don't know much about mastering but will try to improve it as best as I can!

7. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

It definately has to do with 3 main things from what I can tell from listening to your track:

1. The gain is up waaay to high.
    2. The ceiling in the limiter is too low, therefore squashing the sound.
    3. You must have placed a compressor after the limiter, therefore completely squashing the sound somehow.

If you have any compressor after a limiter within ur mix or in ur master channel, remove it. If you're ceiling is low, place it all the way back up to -0dbfs. If you gain is up too high, lower it down all the way...

btw, I've checked some of your stuff on your soundcloud, not your reposts, but the tracks you've made yourself. You have some seriously good stuff on there and your tracks are really well written and composed. Some great stuff and your mixing is really good as well. You just have to definately improve on the fidelity aspect of your sound and make sure you're not squashing and ruining the quality...

But I'm definately supporting you with your music, it sounds great and if I owned a label I'd definately sign you.

If you need help with the mastering and the mixing then definately hit me a pm and I can help you further with what's going on with your track...

8. Loop Threat

Loop Threat Ultrasonic

Glad to be of help...I know some Audiosex members can be harsh and un-supportive...they do that to me a lot so I end up taking my stuff off.

MIKEMIKEASS: What's your gear?, that you used to work this on?

9. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

Don't let those types of guys get to you... most of them think they know everything about making music and like to act like they have all this knowledge, but they end up having no application skills and actual ability to get tracks down and dusted.

Don't take down your tracks, there are many people over here who appreciate other people posting music here, it's just sometimes we all miss it since we're all pretty busy or just don't have time.

If you're someone that's continously making and completing music, then you're already ahead of those that have tonnes of knowledge but no music down, cuz at least ur doing something rather than just chatting shit about you're opinion on this or that...

10. mikemikeass

mikemikeass Noisemaker

These advises do help me in learning making music! I would give a shot and get back to you guys once I re master the track!

11. mikemikeass

mikemikeass Noisemaker

I don't have many physical gears, I got ableton push, a pair of KRK 6" with an audio interface. Mastering is difficult to me, I try to focus on song structure more in this stage.