Meldaproduction releases: MDrumEnhancer

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Jul 6, 2015.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

[​IMG]

MDrumEnhancer is a unique tool that follows your drum track and synthesizes it's own signal using samples to make it sound big and phat, without any problems drum replacing suffers from. Add snare noises, improve bass drum's boom or snap, or even resynthesize the sound completely.

MODERN ALTERNATIVE TO DRUM REPLACING
    MDrumEnhancer doesn't suffer from latency, missed notes or nonexistent notes, incorrect velocities, loss of dynamics and other problems which make drum replacing so hard to use. You simply select a preset or sample, fine-tune a few parameters if needed and let the plugin do the magic.

GET THAT BIG, PHAT DRUM SOUND... FAST!
    Normally, recording engineers spend hours to set the microphones right. 2 or 3 mikes for snare drum just to ensure both the body and snares are captured, similarly for bass drum to get both snap and boom... Then the mixing engineer spends hours trying to make it sound good and in 50% cases he/she ends up with drum replacing.
    MDrumEnhancer makes this process so much simpler. You don't need several tracks for a snare drum, because the plugin can fill what's missing. And unlike drum replacing it is so easy to set up. And unlike equalization & compression it can add what hasn't actually been captured in your recording.

LIVE DRUM MIXING
    Mixing live drums is one of the hardest tasks of a mixing engineer, but MDrumEnhancer makes it much easier. It has no latency, so it can indeed be used live. Instead of neverending tweaking of equalizers and compressors trying to get at least mediocre results, you can simply employ MDrumEnhancer, select a preset and you are good to go and the results will be far beyond what you could reach with standard tools.

IT CAN BLEND WITH ANY MATERIAL
    MDrumEnhancer is quite a straightforward plugin, but has enough controls to let you fine-tune it for any material. You can change pitch of the samples to tune it to your drum track, it has a full dynamic equalizer so you can tweak the spectrum of the enhancement signal, sustain control lets you make the drum hits shorter but also longer than they actually are and even provide cool reverberation.

[​IMG]

Key features:

- The most advanced user interface on the market - stylable, resizable, GPU accelerated
    - Unique visualisation engine with classic meters and time graphs
    - 4 exceptionally versatile modulators
    - Adjustable oscillator shape technology
    - 4 multiparameters
    - M/S, single channel, up to 8 channels surround processing...
    - Automatic gain compensation (AGC)
    - Safety limiter
    - Adjustable up-sampling 1x-16x
    - MIDI controllers with MIDI learn
    - Extremely fast, optimized for newest AVX processors
    - Global preset management and online preset exchange
    - Supports VST, VST3, AU and AAX interfaces on Windows & Mac, both 32-bit and 64-bit
    - No dongle nor internet access is required for activation
    - Free-for-life updates

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

Windows:
    Windows XP/Vista/7/8 (32 & 64)
    VST/VST3 compatible host
    Note: use 32-bit plugins for 32-bit hosts even if you are using 64-bit Windows
    Details

Mac OS X:
    Mac OS X (10.5+, 32 & 64)
    VST/VST3/AU compatible host
    Intel/AMD processor

MDrumEnhancer for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for the introductory price of 35 EUR (regular 149 EUR)

More INFO: MeldaProduction | MDrumEnhancer

3. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

A little bit of EQ, a little bit of Comp, a little bit of Limiter... et voilĂ ... a Waves style All-In-One stuff. :grooves:

4. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

'Just' the alternative to SoundRadix DrumLeveler I guess?
    On first sight you think 'just a shortcut or all-in-one to normal drum mixing' but it's actually more of an 'automatic transient fixer', it's really not the same as some eq/comping from what I notice in DrumLeveler.
    If it's kinda the same from Melda, I might've jumped the gun on SoundRadix too soon (love the Melda stuff). Thanks, gonna check this out. On other announcements like KVR they only mention the updated version number in the article heading, not a new plugin....

5. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I've just road tested it, and the most impressive thing is the speed with which you get to results. I'm awed. No hassles. I expect that when I get my feet wet with it things will look pretty sharp. Lucky me, I was out getting my mind around Slate's trigger or Maasey's DRT. For the $43 bucks on initial price, this is a no brainer. I hope the price stays up until the 15th when I collect some money. I'd hate to shell out the whole retail price.

Edit:

Damn it! When I made up my mind to buy it now, I learn that Melda Production only takes PayPal. For some reason, the cocksuckers at PP won't take my debit card. I don't have a credit card and i won't have one. Grrrr!. ill just run the demo out and hope for the big guys at the sister site to make their moves. This is one of the reasons why we need [K]'d stuff. They don't want to take my legit money.

6. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

You can use regular money transfer to fill your paypal account, doesn't have to be a creditcard anymore. Just saying.

Won't get your hopes up on 'the sistersite' since the whole 'R2R and supply' thing.

7. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

I'll see into the money transfer thing. Thanks. As for R2R, yeah, I'm not actually keeping any hopes up, I'm just kind of pissed off that a company like Melda Production won't process visa payments with any other collection service. It is so great a company that it feels weird they shut some people down like that.

8. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

Did you mail them? Who knows what they can arrange. I'm assuming they are at least willing to think along for a potential customer...

9. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

Thanks again, dipje, upon your suggestion, I've already contacted them explaining the situation. I don't keep my hopes up, though. If they do answer, I'll keep you posted. I've continued to fiddle with this plug, and I've seen some magic now. I have some drum tracks that I recorded badly. The snare drum sounds dead. It's a project from more than 5 years ago. The snare track lacks any room ambience or reverb tail. It's as if I had recorded it with the snare wire loose. Anyway, at that time I had to convert all hits to midi, work the velocities manually to tune the midi replacement by ear. No drum replacement could deal with the intricate playing, as it had a marching snare style. Anyway, I ran the old track to MDrumEnhancer, and voila, instant gratification.i can post A/Bs if you wish.

10. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

I know this topic has already gone cold, but this needs to be said. Melda Production replied to me and assured me that there will be more money transfer ways in the near future, and that the introductory price will be up for a while so maybe I'll be able to catch the offer on the newer paying modes. If not, they've taken notice of my claim and offer to give me a direct solution.

How come not buy from them?