MeldaProduction Officially Releases MPowerSynth

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Nov 15, 2014.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

[​IMG]

MPowerSynth is an extremely versatile synthesizer featuring
    the best sounding oscillators on the market, the most advanced
    distorting filters and a unique modular effects engine. It also
    features our smart randomization system providing endless inspiration
    and comes with 1500+ presets!

MPowerSynth is now officially out for both Windows and Mac!
    Introductory price of 99 EUR will last until November 20th
    and will be increased to 149 EUR afterwards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

Superb vsti :wink:

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Ooh Dingus you crazy wabbit, this looks nice. Thanks a lot for the info. :mates:

My contribution for those that want to give it a listen and also learn how to create presets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWGGVmcWKN8​

5. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

At a first glance, you can use the 'Patch' provided by 'Team R2R' with their last-in-date Release of 'MTotalBundle'.
    Surprisingly, I got a 'successful' confirmation of the 'patching' process... but unfortunately, the 'License' generated named : 'MTotalBundle.mlf' seems to be SOLELY valid with the 'MTotalBundle'... :sad: The usual 'Drag & Drop' method (directly in the Plugin's GUI) is forbidden !!!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that 'Team R2R' is on the run for this new VSTi Synth ! *yes* :thumbsup:

6. iownu1000

iownu1000 Noisemaker

"SOUNDS BETTER THAN BOTH ANALOG & DIGITAL"

Haha, don't tell that to all the "analog purist" digital synth haters :wink:

Curious how the sound engine compares to the lovely Serum, cause that baby purrs just ever so sweetly

7. oidua

oidua Member

Pretty sure this going to be a stellar synth.
    Great news, most likely a keeper!
    :bow:

8. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Lol. That's like saying "it sounds better than sound itself!". Which is, as we all know, just an empty sales pitch.

One just have to try it to make up his/her own god damn mind. :)

9. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

i like what i heard in that video. seems like this could be a very powerful synth. 1500+ presets? i wonder if that's 1500 designed presets or if somebody just clicked the "random" button 1500 times and assigned clever names to whatever came up?

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

From preliminary reports the presets sound excellent.

11. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

I spent much time with this synth, i love it.

If you like creating sounds this one is well worth to try the demo and worth the money. Watch the preset video to get to know it little it can be very complex.

A lot of different ppl made presets, and then melda picked if they were designed or just "random button with names" before adding to final release.

My fav synth right now.

12. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

The included presets are top-shelf! The Melda team obviously worked at a fever's pitch to ready them
    for the product roll-out.

Hats off to them for a stand-up job! :wink:

[​IMG]
    :grooves:

13. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I really enjoy this new synth. I didn't expect MeldaProduction to make a synth, especially not as good as this one is. Just wow. :wow:

14. iownu1000

iownu1000 Noisemaker

It replicates Analog sound better than Analog sounds replicates it self, of course. Lol

Well damn it, I guess I'll just make up my own damn mind then, god damn it. :rofl:

Actually I quite enjoy Melda plugins interface & the features they add to their VSTs, they really go all out and give you all the advanced features, really feels like professional software rather than just some over hyped & advertised product which feels like more money/effort was put into the demo video than the device it it self.

The interface feels a bit dated to me, but hey with sound like that I guess it can be overlooked. But the question is, do arted out fancy futuristic skins ACTUALLY make the synth sound better!? The world may never know...

15. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Yes, the world doesn't know, iownu1000. What I do know is that people automatically associate a shiny analog graphical user interface with better sound, and the placebo effect happens naturally. You, I, nobody can help it. Just look how successful Waves plugins still are, but under the hood not many of their plugins really do use top of the line DSP, especially the older ones. I've been studying their plugins to great depths and they use rather simple DSP code in most of the plugins, nothing ground breaking at all, but since they make nice looking GUIs and cost an arm and a leg people rave about them. :wow: :rofl: I would like to know who makes the decisions about what kind of DSP code to use in their plugins, because they are really all over the place with quality. Like V-series plugins use very simple and generic code, a bit worse quality than SSL ones. Then you have API plugins, some of which use better quality code and some use rather generic code. Weird. They probably calculate in CPU usage, which is really not that bad, so you can use tons of their plugins in the project. However, they are not top of the line sounding plugins by any measure, none of their plugins, nor the worst sounding, of course. Waves plugins I could actually call nicely balanced towards the low end quality.

Then you have Voxengo plugins, on the other hand. Alexey uses better, or even best in some cases, quality DSP, but people don't like them as much because they don't look as good as Waves and they use more CPU. :wink: But also, the difference in sound is quite imperceptible, especially if you compare just one plugin on one track, not the whole mix with 50 plugins. If you compare mixes with different plugins, only then you can tell the difference. Same thing with synthesisers. If you just listen to one synth, especially with a nice GUI, you will find just about all of them sounding good, if not great, but make a track with multiple instances of it and mix a demo track, and then you can really tell the difference. That's how I discovered that Arturia makes absolutely generic quality synths, but they look nice and "analog", eh? That's the key to their success. :wink:

Nice GUIs work that way. They make you think you're hearing what you're not hearing. Nobody can help it because our brains are wired that way. Nice looks sounds nice. What you like sounds nice. Slap a Waves good looking GUI onto some MDA guiless plugin and people wil start hearing stuff that's not rally there, you know? Me included! :rofl: However, not all plugin developers do that. Take Klanghelm products, for example. They look quite good and use top of the line DSP, too. Same with DMG audio and Cytomic. But notice the CPU usage of all of them that is worse than Waves plugins... because usually better quality DSP uses more CPU. :wink: I say usually because some plugins are just badly coded and use tons of CPU for nothing, but thankfully those are rare. *yes*

Cheers! Back to my playground... :bleh: :rofl:

16. hfeuhfz7342hf724

hfeuhfz7342hf724 Noisemaker

You should tell that to the Melda developers, because if that's true, I surely will expect rather ugly sounds from that rather ugly synth GUI... :rofl:

Seriously, for me it's not about beautiful vs. ugly, I just want a GUI I can work with and like to work with (and that GUI does not trigger that sentiment for me)...

So no money for the developers this time (same goes for Dune2 e.g., it may be a superb synth, but with that GUI I won't buy, simple as that)

17. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Melda website is down for a few days... I'm playing with new toy and really can't figure out how to set filter envelope ?!??
    Waiting for the user manual on website.

18. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

No problems here with Melda site, but here you are the manual anyway. :wink:

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/59940351/file.html

19. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

There are a handful of styles to choose from and then you can change the basic 4 colors, choose sliders / knobs / buttons, and scale percent. If it not about beauty vs ugly surely you must be able to combine these options to have a GUI you can work with.

Here are the style examples, the bottom pic is how i have mine settings now

[​IMG]

Shrug. For me its about the sounds options features and how i can work with them. For me this synth is great for sound and the GUI options are nice extra feature. Photo-like GUI on this synth probably break the zoom scale option. I rather have less graphics and ability to change size than better graphics and only 1 size.

20. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

21. hfeuhfz7342hf724

hfeuhfz7342hf724 Noisemaker

For me its not about beauty but usability. There's so much strong competition on the market - if I'm not 100% convinced I won't spent my money, period.

Anyway that GUI looks much too complicated for my usual workflow, so I'll pass.