Media Bay Glitch / White Noise

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Juvera, May 28, 2016.

1. Juvera

Juvera Member

Hello there mates,

I reciently bought Cubase, I had installed 6.5, 7.5 & 8.5 versions. No problem at all, each one in different folders and have not problem with this at all. My problem is when I try to navigate in my loops with Media Bay/Loop Browser in my Loops folder located in an External HD; once I open Media Bay/Loop Browser and I navigate to "preview" then normally the .wav samples (Loops) start glitching and I recieve some kind of "white noise" from them (They're not white noise fx samples at all), and of course, this has been happened to me since I installed only 1 version of Cubase (8.5).

I went ahead with this problem and used another methods for importing Loops but withouth having an side-to-side in listening the Loops and the Project. But come on, I need it right now actually, so want to know if anyone out there have the same issue and how could I get rid of this problem?

As I mentioned, not all loops have this issue, just some few, the more I navigate, the more Loops give me this problem, and doesn't mention if I had "Align Beats To Project" ON, cause then almost any Loops become so glitchy, out of tempo, or just White Noise.

Hope somebody can help me.
    Just to make sure, I don't have this problem in others DAW, just in ANY version of Cubase. And of course, I have checked the Sample Rate with my Interface and DAW.

SO: Windows 10
    Interface: Native Instruments Komplete 6

3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Check the steinberg forum,could be windows 10 related.Have you updated to the latest version(8.5.15)?

4. Juvera

Juvera Member

Hey there Von, it could be, hope it get some fix anytime soon. And I've done that done, write a post about it, didn't recieve an reply. If I import some libraries samples to my MAIN HD, the problem it dissapears and Media Bay/Loopbrowser works perfect. I think it's maybe something USB 3.5 HD connection related. I've up to date the DAW and the Windows.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You should write Guillermo,he has an account here.
    https://audiosex.pro/members/guillermo-navarrete.10759/

6. wouala woualouf

wouala woualouf Platinum Record

cubase's Excelbay works fine... as long as you use cubase own files, samples, presets,etc.

Don't even think of using it as a sample collection manager. One thing is, ticking a folder box, and have it scanned by cubase.
    But anything related to 'search', you can be sure something will always go wrong.

What more stupid than, when cubase says 'this or that file is missing, tell us a disc/folder where the missing files are', we tell the exact path to the files, which drive, etc, but cubase keeps on telling us he couldn't find the missing file!

Also, when files are missing, we set a path for search, and once the scan starts, we have NO IDEA where the scan is taking place, how many missing files are left, etc. No info about what's going on.

I stopped using the mediabay, after too many weeks spent, sorting files, tagging, renaming, scanning... if you have, say, 1 folder 'samples', with 9 or 10 subfolders for type, a few more for categories, like Perc, beat, 1hit, and other subfolders like tempo, style, whatever..if you have hundreds thousands files (my +15 years old future music collection alone accounts for a looooooooot of files),

if you rename a root folder, move folders to another disc, etc etc, the STUPID mediabay isn't able to think intelligently (hence stupid), and loses all the metadata, all info, etc. We're good to start all the job, again.

Don't know how the databases and queries work inside mediabay, but, shit, the guys at steinstein don't seem to master the DB.

If we move a scanned/tagged/filled metadata FOLDER containing other folders with samples, is it THAT HARD for mediabay to detect some folder names ALREADY EXIST in the dB, and actually, NOTHING has changed, besides the path changing from , ex, d:\samples to e:\samples ? Is it that hard?

And many many other issues related to sample paths, renamed files, etc.

Steinberg 's mediabay, with a proper interface, with standalone capabilities(lock it with the elicenser, if needed!), with some batch renaming options, and a multi folder preview (like tracktion 7 multi explorer), where we could preview several loops at once, like a kick loop, than, a top, than, hi hat, than, the perc folder, than, a bass loop, etc etc, all synced to the tempo,
    + some clever file/folder/path search/relocate options,

the mediabay could become a true industry standard, like an iTunes manager, capable of handling millions of files, preview, etc.
    But again, it looks like someone has secretly coded the app, presented it to steinberg, who quickly validated it, and there we have it, an app full of features, complex to use, with huge missing features, with plenty of nonsense craap, like 'why the hell can't we do this..or have that..'.

I would happily pay 20 or 30 euros, for a standalone WORKING mediabay version. Instead of the current excel hybrid prototype.

7. Juvera

Juvera Member

Will do Von, thank you!

8. Juvera

Juvera Member

So, what are you using for listening in time, both the Project and the Sample Navigator? I mean, how do you manage to listen both in SYNC? Is there any software you can recommend?

9. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

9er coming soon.They got a lot of heat a while ago,they deserved it,address the bugs and fix it once and for all,make it the most stable and light on cpu from all daws.

10. Juvera

Juvera Member

Good to know man, will start saving the $99 update.