ME80 Update v2.7, Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Software News' started by fennel, Mar 27, 2023.

1. fennel

fennel Newbie

I think the memorymoon synths are really underrated, what do you guys think?

3. BlackWinny

BlackWinny Platinum Record

I think so.
    All the three synths are very underrated.
    ME80 is my favorite CS80 emulation (I don't like any other one).
    Messiah is my favorite Prophet-5 emulation (Repro is excellent too, but I still prefer Messiah).
    And Memorymoon is my favorite Memorymoog emulation (the one from Cherry Audio is very good, but Memorymoon is yet better).

These three synths are underrated probably because they are Synthedit based... and yet in these three synths almost all the code is specific code, not general Synthedit code. Only the signal flows between the modules are Synthedit.

Another reason why they are underrated is that Gunnare doesn't make any ad anywhere to make more people know their existence (even on KVR he doesn't want to be referenced). And I understand him, he made the three synths first for himself and doesn't want to transform himself to a businessman having to spend time on marketing, preferring to simply keep his band of Memorymoon fans (I belong to) and simply happy when it grows up again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

Hell yeah, same here. In some odd way I kind of like ever CS80 emulation even if they are homemade and extremely far off, lol. It just has this bit of soft spot for me, so I keep all the copies around but ME80 definitely takes the care for me as well. Yamaha in general is like that for me, they are always less talked about than other brands in the synth department but I feel like they have just as much of a stake in it as the rest of the opponents.